+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: SI's Heyman: Tigs In Play For Johnny Damon?

Blog Entries

SI's Heyman: Tigs In Play For Johnny Damon?

Twitter...

#tigers could be in play for damon, who hits .363, slugs .550 and has a .961 OPS at pitcher-friendly comerica park.
    Now this would be an interesting signing. Johnny reportedly lowered his asking price and he would be a tremendous fit in the 'tablesetter' role that Polanco has filled for the last few yrs, however with Damon you get more pop and a guy with 2 WS rings...

I doubt it happens, but I'd be all for it. He would obviously DH since his arm sucks, but who cares.

Jackson, CF
    Damon, DH
    Cabrera, 1B
    Ordonez, RF
    Guillen, LF
    Inge, 3B
    Sizemore, 2B
    Laird, C
    Everett, SS

Santiago, Avila, Thomas and Raburn round out the bench.

Blog Entries
    I'd pass.
    Find a new slant.

Really would improve our team, damn shame we just went through so much effort to make it worse.

Blog Entries
    If we are going to take a high-priced OF liability and make him our DH, it should be Magglio.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    There'd be no long-term financial commitment with Damon, which is why I'd like this deal.

Blog Entries
    The Valverde signing (at least to me) means they want to contend this year (which I think they can do), but with so many offensive question marks (2B, CF, SS, C, 3B) and no everyday DH, we need offense BAD.

I'd rather invest in Johnny Damon, who'd fill the "fan favorite" void that was created by getting rid of Granderson & Polanco than sign a journeyman like Russ Branyan whose an all-or-nothing type hitter.

Part of me wishes we would've made a play at Vlad Guerrero to be our DH, since he would've come much cheaper and he's still a decent hitter. Troy Glaus could've worked too as a "buy-low" candidate, but both are gone.

Blog Entries
    Also, signing Damon could allow the team to sit Magglio a bit more often since once again, Maggs has escalators in his contract that could cause his option to vest for 2011.

The reason Leyland had to play Magglio last year was because he didn't have much roster flexibility in the OF (especially when Guillen missed the first 3 months of the yr).

So if you think about it, signing Damon could be a way to save a hell of alot of money for 2011 ($15 million).

Quote Originally Posted by Glan
    If we are going to take a high-priced OF liability and make him our DH, it should be Magglio.

He's a good outfielder, just has a noodle arm.

dont we have enough guys that should be DHing already? Maggs and Carlos dont belong in the field for 150+ games as it is.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread