+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: NY/DET/UTA

NY/DET/UTA

Big Ass Trade that actually works:

We deal Tayshaun, Rip and Daye (23.2)

We get David Lee, AK47 and C.J Miles (27.2)

NY deal Al Harrington, David Lee, Jared Jeffries and Tony Douglas (approx 24.5 but Lee is BYC for this season so work it out yourself)

NY get Rip, Boozer and Daye (25.4)

Utah deal AK47, Boozer, CJ Miles (32.4)

Utah get Tay, Harrington, Douglas and Jeffries (27.8)

WHY?

We get half a season of Lee before he'd be gone because he'd forfeit his Bird Rights coming here so essentially he's an expiring contract. AK47 would be a massive trade chip next season and Miles expires at the same time too.

So, essentially we do it as a salary dump and it costs us Tay and Daye to get out of Rip's big contract.

For the Knicks they basically get Boozer, Rip and Daye with what would have been their cap space. It only really costs them Douglas cause everyone else they either wanna move or are willing to renounce for free agents.

I doubt they'll land guys like Boozer and Rip in free agency.

For the Jazz they save them almost $5 mil straight away, while they'd still have a massive expiring contract coming off the books after the season. They gain Tay, Douglas and Jeffries for next season. Then those guys all expire. Would you rather have AK47 or those 3 players?

All things considered (it's a 10-man fucking trade!) I think each team does pretty well with the pieces they want or are willing to move.

Thoughts?
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

New York doesn't want to think of their big FA spending spree being derailed by Rip's contract and Boozer, who could walk at the end of the season. They still think they can pull in guys like LeBron and Bosh.
    _

I could see NY trading Lee and Al for a big they'd keep long term (and lure Lebron). If someone like Okafor, Jefferson, etc was available in a deal like that I'm sure they'd take on that salary as long as they still had Lebron money. I don't think RIP has that draw and Boozer could just leave.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I think Rip blocks their LeBron money if Boozer stays. If Boozer leaves, LeBron isn't going to want to go there, since Rip's contract would likely keep them from getting another big-time FA.
    _

The idea was that they'd do this to get Rip and Boozer after they wake up and realise Lebron (or the idea any of the top free agents signing there) is a pipe dream.

If Boozer was signed for 3-4 years, I'd completely agree with this idea, but he's free to walk after this season and I'm 75% positive he's heading to warmer weather.
    _

Blog Entries
    100% warmer weather and no state income taxes (FLA or TX).
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Okay, mark this down.

Boozer ends up in Orlando by the deadline as part of a Gortat deal. He then can re-sign for the max with the Magic.
    Find a new slant.

I was bored and created a massive 10 player trade that including massive contracts and a BYC player and you guys question it?

It works.

'Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh
    I was bored and created a massive 10 player trade that including massive contracts and a BYC player and you guys question it?

It works.

'Nuff Said
    I'd do it. I'll give you that. I'd want to move AK back to the 4 where he was at his best, if I had him. You can get away with David Lee at the 5 for spurts if you've got a guy that's a weakside defender like AK next to him (old AK, you'd be counting on him getting back to his old form a bit). I know that leaves us thin up front. Any worse than we are now though?

I tried to come up with the depth chart using AK primarily at the 4 and Lee between the 4 and 5, but it's hard to do with CV, plus Max only playing the 4.

??

Stuckey/Bynum/Atkins
    Gordon/Stuckey/Miles
    Jerebko/AK/Summers/Miles
    AK/Lee/CV/Max/Wilcox
    Lee/Wallace/Brown/Wilcox
    _

+ Reply to Thread