+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: We have a hockey team?

That period was amazing. Especially after the comments at intermission by the analysts saying Detroit wasn't in their league anymore. They have a nice stretch coming up so hopefully they can pile up some points.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Some team is going to be miffed that they run into the Wings in the first round. Maybe we can finally be that lower seed Anaheim/Edmonton-type that topped us then went on to the cup 3-4 years ago.
    _

Yeah, but I'd rather avoid Chicago and SJ in the first round. I'd like to see the Avs again, which is why I am rooting for them to pass Vancouver.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris View Post
    Yeah, but I'd rather avoid Chicago and SJ in the first round. I'd like to see the Avs again, which is why I am rooting for them to pass Vancouver.
    I think the Wings can handle SJ (3-0-1) vs them this yr. Nabokov, Thornton, Marleau and Heatley have well documented track records of choking in the playoffs.

SJ to me is the travel mostly. I hate playing CA teams because there is so much travel involved. Same reason I don't want Vancouver either. Plus Luongo can steal games. I think Nabokov can too (he had 2 bad games and 2 great games against us).

At this point I might root for Chicago. Close for travel, their goalie situation is sketchy at best (watched the game Sunday and neither looked solid). We're 2-1-1 against them anyway. Chicago is 25th in save % as a team.

Blog Entries
    True, i forgot about Chicago's goalie issue. Cristobal Huet is far from a sure thing and it seems like they don't trust Niemi as much as they should (probably because they're so heavily financially invested in Huet).

Last night was a good game too. Hank seemed to wake up finally.

Blog Entries
    I was pleased to see that the Sabres are planning on resting Ryan Miller tonight vs. the Wild, since I'm going to the game tomorrow and want to see him play.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    RotoWorld suggests that Jimmy Howard is the odds on favorite to win the Calder (ROY).

As well he should be. He's been one of the top goalies in the league. To do that as a rookie is very impressive.
    _

+ Reply to Thread