+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: We have a hockey team?

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    I swear I remember them saying this last time that now that they would keep the kids in American Schools straight through...that's why it was such a big decision last time, they didn't want to go half and half.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Quote Originally Posted by UxKa
    I agree. I think it's pretty tough to leave a situation where you're one of the most beloved players on one of the most storied franchises in league history. There aren't a whole lot of all-time Wings you can put above the guy, and he knows it.
    There is only one. Gordie Howe.

EDIT: I'm talking about greatness. Love Yzerman and we've had some all-time greats. But Howe is the only Wing, like Lidstrom, that can enter greatest ever debates.

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    I can't wait until the Wings are healthy and just buttfuck all these teams that have been taking advantage of them this year. I hope to God they get the 8th seed and piss on Chicago in the first round.
    I would sacrifice live animals for this to happen. I dream of this scenario every day. I hope we get healthy and then have to play playoff-caliber hockey for the last month just to get into the playoffs (instead of cruising the last few weeks as we've always been able to do). We get a low seed and have the entire Western Conference shitting their collective pants at the thought of having to play us.

I'd put Stevie ahead of Nick still. The guy did lead us to 3 cups. The heart he showed through injuries makes him legendary in Hockeytown too. But Nick would be right up there.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I guess it's the difference between all-time Wing and Wings who were all-time players. If we're discussing all-time great as a player it's not even close. And that's not dissing Yzerman. In fact it just puts a better light on how great Lidstrom has been.

I'd also argue that we don't win any of those cups at all without Lidstrom. Even Yzerman called him the best player on the team.

I agree with Chris when he says it's the D sucking. I'd say it's a team D in general, not just the blue line. You can see it when we get periods with big SOG differences. We don't pressure in the neutral zone as much and get turnovers and breakaways (fewer shots on goal). We stand around in our own zone and just set up in this box sometimes and never pressure the puck. The Crosby goal in the Penguin game we had all 5 players looking at the puck. In fact there were several moments in that game (and NBC had a field day pointing it out on replays the bastards) where they showed how a Penguin player could slide by Wings players just looking at the puck.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitexport
    I guess it's the difference between all-time Wing and Wings who were all-time players. If we're discussing all-time great as a player it's not even close. And that's not dissing Yzerman. In fact it just puts a better light on how great Lidstrom has been.

I'd also argue that we don't win any of those cups at all without Lidstrom. Even Yzerman called him the best player on the team.
    Yeah, Nick is bigger from an all time NHL perspective. Perhaps the best D ever (probably still behind Orr at this point though).

Stevie wouldn't be considered in the top 3 forward/centerman conversation though. He's just bigger from an all time Red Wing perspective.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

The first anything I've watched of the Wings this year was the 2nd period today. 4 goals.

Is that a big enough sample size to say WE'RE AWESOME!
    Players meeting my ASS!

And they almost blew it...

Good win, nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    I'm excited to be going to see MY Wings next Saturday vs. that a-hole Ryan Miller.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread