+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: We have a hockey team?

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    We are giving up way too many shots on a regular basis.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Plus not getting enough shots. At one point they said the Pens were up 23/9 on shots. I think that was towards the end of the 2nd, and you're not going to win many games putting up 1 shot every 4 minutes.

I remember it being 15 to 3 at one point. Remember when we were the ones outshooting the opponent by double? Our offense is dump, scrap in the corner, get back on D. I felt like I was watching us play in our own zone for 70% of the game.
    _

Blog Entries
    Red Wings = Spurs?

Just asking, I don't follow.
    Find a new slant.

The wings aren't aging really. Ozzie (not essential), Nick (will be hard to replace), Draper (young guys provide about everything but faceoff prowless), Maltby (already worse than young guys) are the only guys nearing the end. I suppose Rafalski isn't too far away.

I would say no. If Nick leaves they'll have lots of money to find a stud D anyway. The key really is the bad plays made by Ericsson, Lebda, Lilja (if he plays again). Those guys need to get their shit together and play tighter.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I think we've still got a few years of Lidstrom ahead of us. He's getting old, but he's still one of the top defensemen in the league.
    Ozzie looks pretty poor this season. Part of that could be a lack of playing time to get in a rhythm. Howard has become the present and future of the position in Detroit, though. Finding a solid backup G won't be hard, especially if the defense can pull it together and get the number of shots down (by defense, I mean the team as a whole, not just the defensemen).
    Helm is quickly turning into a young version of what Draper has provided over the last few years, although I think we still have a few more years of Draper as well.
    Maltby's on his way out. Once his contract is up, I don't see us bringing him back. I'll hate to see him in another uniform, but he'll be somewhere else next season.
    I'm going to move an actual roster breakdown to another thread.
    _

Nick is a FA. He flirted going back to Sweden a few years ago. So, while I think he has a few hockey years left, he may not want to stay in the US any longer. I know they decided they'd continue to raise their kids here at that time. Not sure how old they are now.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Nick is a FA. He flirted going back to Sweden a few years ago. So, while I think he has a few hockey years left, he may not want to stay in the US any longer. I know they decided they'd continue to raise their kids here at that time. Not sure how old they are now.
    I completely forgot about that. Could be an interesting sub-plot this offseason. I still think he sticks around though.
    _

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekyl
    I completely forgot about that. Could be an interesting sub-plot this offseason. I still think he sticks around though.
    I agree. I think it's pretty tough to leave a situation where you're one of the most beloved players on one of the most storied franchises in league history. There aren't a whole lot of all-time Wings you can put above the guy, and he knows it.

Lidstrom has been saying he's going back to Sweden for over a decade it seems.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread