+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pistons/Sixers

Blog Entries

Pistons/Sixers

With the reports that Philly is willing to consider moving Iggy in a TMac deal, there are also rumblings that they'd part with him if a team would be willing to take on Brand or Dalembert.

I came up with this deal, which I really like, but I'm sure some here won't.

Sure, it's not perfect, but are we going to find a perfect deal that gets rid of both Rip's & Max's contracts?

Iguodala is a near top tier wing scorer, a very good all-around player at the 3, and he can help facilitate some offense for us, too. Brand is playing better as of late. Worst case, he'd be easier to move down the road than Rip because he's a big.

Rip goes back home and Philly is able to sell this to their fans.

Click the image to view the full version
    The image above has been resized. Click on it to see the full version.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    I also like that we retain Kwame & Wilcox's deals that could be bundled together for another big, if we were willing to take on more $/years.
    Find a new slant.

Tough call since Brand's contract could go either way. He will either be worth that amount of cash or be a huge anchor. There is NO chance he outproduces that much cash. Huge liability. I would think Philly acquiring TMac for AI actually gives them less liability and more upside with TMac.

No intention to hijack, but why not use Tayshaun to pursue TMac somehow?

I'm guessing Philly are willing to deal Iggy with Brand for McGrady or other short contracts due to the financial burden they fear with Brand's deal.

Which is why Joe should be on the fucking phone trying to trade Tayshaun and spare parts for Brand.

Big money or not he's a legit post scorer and can play C (probably better suited to C now anyway). His deal is the same length as Rip's too so you have those 2 plus Nova and BG as your 4some to build around.

I'm not in love with the idea of trading for Brand but you gotta be realistic. If we don't wanna part with "too much" to get a legit big man then you gotta take some risks on dudes.

Brand is a big risk due to his contract but I'm guessing he could put up a double double most nights at the C position for us. And with Nova at the 4 + Rip and BG here we'd have enough shooting to give him some room down low.

He'd actually make us a much better halfcourt team AND reduce Big Ben's minutes for the remainder of this season (and all of next season). That might prolong Big Ben's career by a year or 2.

For Philly they'd have Dalembert/Thad Young/Prince/Iggy and Iverson as the starting line-up with Lou Williams, Speights and whatever else they have off the bench. Williams and Speights have performed pretty well this season too.

They also have the benefit of watching Tayshaun and Dalembert come off the books at the same time - saving them a lot of money and possibly putting them in a position to add a top quality player around Iggy, Thad Young and Lou Williams. Should they manage to suck this season and next you could add 2 more capable young guys to that as well.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    Looks like you are talking about a different deal.

This is Iggy + Brand for Tay, Rip + Max.
    Find a new slant.

Kind of shitty that expirings alone could have got us Zach Randolph, who at this point is far more dominant than Elton.

G, that deal doesn't exactly improve Philly's cap situation. After all, Iggy is actually playing close to his contract. He should be the one they least want to move. A much more realistic deal would be Tay and Kwame for Brand and a lotto protected first. I added the first since Philly would gain a good player on a short term deal as well as 4.1M in cap space. This would free them to move Iggy for TMac, who would then start at SG. Not that I want to do it, but at least to think about.

It improves Philly's cap in 3-4-5 years.

This deal makes some sense Glenn, but the team you built is the one you're going to battle to for the next 3 years.

I would probably do it. Not too crazy about either Brand or Iggy (Do we really need another shooting guard?), but I am even less crazy about watching Rip and Prince for another few years.

As for Brand/Randolph. To me, Randolph's low IQ/chucker mentality is way too close to Charlie V to have 2 of them. They're talented dudes who can score in bunches, but 1 is plenty. Brand is a bit smarter, plays a little D, and has more of a pick and pop game that should help the guards have someone to pass to that would actually look to just knock down a shot rather than put the ball on the floor, and try some fancy move.

Stuck / Gordon / Iggy / Brand / Wallace with Bynum / Daye / Jonas / CV / Insert big man flavor-of-the-month here would be a solid lineup if Brand excels a bit better in the Pistons' slow-it-down system.

Yeah, having Randolph on your team is really nothing to be thrilled about.

I agree with P that Brand is better suited at the 5 spot... his length is comparable to most centers (Including Kaman & Bogut).

I like Thad Youngs upside & contract.

Brand & Young 4 Rip, Kwame & 2nd round

+ Reply to Thread