+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: DET/GSW

DET/GSW

Warriors are going nowhere and won't have cap space until 2011 (which may be none with Curry, Randolph and Wright needing extensions by then)...

Prince (10 mil), Kwame (4), Wilcox (3), Daye (1.8)

Maggs (9 mil), Biedrins (9), Randolph (1.8)

This saves the Warriors some serious money down the road. The price is giving up a very good young big and a decent center. If they could buy out Wilcox (he does have a player option) they could have 10 mil in space and their lotto pick to get a new center and another piece.

Pistons:
    PG Stuckey\Bynum
    SG RIP\Gordon
    SF Maggs\JJ
    PF Randolph\CV
    C Biedrins\Ben
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Would GSW be willing to give up that for Daye? Wouldn't they want some other young talent?

I'd do it, but I like to tinker with the line-up all the time.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

No question that Golden State would look at this extremely hard. Prince to fit in with their shooters, and more importantly for them to rid themselves of Maggs, who was a horrible signing. How many years left on his deal? I would do that deal, just to give us some power up front in Biedrins and a little more draft flexibility.

Maggs has like 4 more years I think. That is why they do this. They give up Randolph, but they'll have cap space in a couple years and still have Wright, Ellis, and Curry (along with Prince and/or Daye if they choose). Risky for them, but it may be their best chance to improve. If they keep their contracts they may be forced to give up Ellis for nothing because they can't increase their payroll.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    i like it a lot

I absolutely love this deal, but would GS? Does this improve their team in the future? Sure they save money, but Golden State loves Randolph's potential.
    Destiny

Blog Entries
    They are openly shopping him.
    Find a new slant.

This is where I got the idea that they'd want to cut salary at all:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...3&sportCat=nba

I understand they wann cut salary - and this really helps.

But giving up "2 quality bigs" for next to nothing is a big step.

I'd probably be comfortable handing them a Lotto protected pick to make it seem more "fair"

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris

Prince (10 mil), Kwame (4), Wilcox (3), Daye (1.8)

Maggs (9 mil), Biedrins (9), Randolph (1.8)
    Did you know Prince + Kwame for Biedrins + Maggette works by itself?

IMO they should have to send us a pick simply for taking those 4 year contracts (yes, both are that long)

+ Reply to Thread