+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Mock Draft v1: There is a god and its name is Mayhew

Blog Entries
    Buchanon won't be back because he was paid like a #1 corner and didn't even get an INT. Personally, I don't want to cut him, I think he'd be a solid #2 or depth guy, but he's not going to take a paycut and there are cheaper options who can give you the type of production he gave us this past year.

He's this year's "Leigh Bodden"...

He had drug problems in college, IIRC. Should have taken Andre.

I also bet they'll hang on to Buchanon another year unless they can get someone else lined up. Bodden was due twice as much as Buchanon is this year.

Blog Entries
    If Buchanon would've gotten just one INT (even Bodden managed to snag one last yr), I'd feel better about his chances.

Instead he was outplayed by Will James and Kevin Hobbs who combined made less than half of Buchanon's salary.

Blog Entries
    Also, on a side note, we would've just signed Bernard Pollard off waivers back in August (we had first dibs) our SS problem would've been solved right now.

Mayhew blew that one and instead settled for Marcus McCauley...

Agreed, I was calling for us to get Pollard. For shame.

Blog Entries
    WalterFootball has us getting Suh in the 1st and then Jahvid Best in Rd 2 (passing up Taylor Mays) and then has us getting Trevard Lindley (CB; Kentucky) in Rd 3 while passing up Brandon Graham....

Interesting.

Getting Suh/Mays/Graham would be a hell of a draft, IMO.
    Destiny

Worst comes to worst, you move Mays to linebacker and have a 6'4 225 pound freak playing OLB.
    Destiny

^^Agreed, that would be great. Really solidifying that defense... then take a guy like Brandon Carter in the 4th and Freddie Barnes in the 5th.... We should be able to pick up some kind of corner in free agency, there are a lot available this year

Team Defense Rank (yards given up):
    1) Jets
    2) Packers
    3) Ravens
    4) Bengals
    5) Steelers
    6) Vikings
    7) Broncos
    8) Panthers
    9) Cowboys
    10) Redskins

Only the Steelers, Broncos, Panthers and Redskins missed the playoffs and 3 of those 4 were 8-8 or better.

Defense still wins.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread