+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Mock Draft v1: There is a god and its name is Mayhew

Blog Entries
    I want the Ravens to draft Graham, got damnit.

That's very pretty Ray.
    STEW BEEF!

Don't get the hopes up... history shows the Lions wil fuck it up and beat da Bears.

Blog Entries
    I still remember that field goal against the Saints a few years back.

Who did that cost them, anyways?
    Find a new slant.

Zach Miner?
    Players meeting my ASS!

freaking awesome work Doctor

and I want Suh bad.......for the simple fact that I could yell "YES SUH!" after each sack

Blog Entries
    I wonder if it would be possible to get Iupati in Rd 2. He'd solidify the left guard spot, help with the run, and solve a dire need.

I think Raiola/Peterman/Cherilus are fine on the right side. None are world-beaters but Goz is improving and Raiola is an above-average Center.

I think Backus will be a salary dump. I would much rather see the Lions fill the LT spot via free agency. There are several UFA's who could fill the void and are young enough to warrant a long-term deal. Jahri Evans and Marcus McNeill are the two biggest names, however it's possible both will get slapped with the franchise tag in the offseason.

As for the draft, I'd like to see...

Rd 1 - Defensive Tackle (Ndamukong Suh or Gerald McCoy)

Rd 2 - Offensive Guard (Mike Iupati) OR Corner (Brandon Ghee/Ras-I Dowling)

Rd 3 - Strong Safety (Darrell Stuckey or TJ Ward)

They should address defensvie end and linebacker via free agency. They might cut Julian Peterson (I don't think it would be a smart move) and if they do, they should explore moving Levy to SLB and make a run at Kirk Morrison who is a UFA. Or Option 2, cut Dewayne White, move Peterson to DE (he leads the team w/ 4.5 sacks this yr) and then move Levy to SLB and sign a FA MLB like Morrison.

At corner, I don't think Buchanon will be back (much like Bodden a year ago) and it doesn't make sense to invest into an elder like Will James. It's imperative they draft a CB who can start right away and also sign an FA or acquire one via trade. Cortland Finnegan, whos not having a great year, could be available and would make sense. Dunta Robinson would also be ideal, but he's going to command top dollar.

And finally, they need a Strong Safety to complement Delmas. What I dont understand is why the hell Mayhew didn't put a claim in on Bernard Pollard after he was cut by KC after preseason. The Texans ended up signing him and he's had a great season. The guy was coming off a Pro-Bowl calier season, and was only 24 when he was cut!!! But instead we've gone through a laundry list of different SS's (Henry, Marvin White, Ko Simpson, Marquand Manuel, Jahi Word Daniels, Kalvin Pearson, Jack Williams) and haven't even come close to filling the spot.

long offseason ahead...I just hope Mayhew has a plan

Blog Entries
    Other random thoughts...

We also need a backup QB (Shaun Hill?), Runningback Especially if K. Smith starts the yr on PUP (LenDale? Leon Washington? Norwood? Fargas? Harrison?), and a #2 WR (Braylon?).

I think they'll also cut Grady Jackson. And they probably won't try to re-sign Larry Foote or Anthony Henry. Northcutt could be cut also.

What pisses me off are these players we wasted high draft picks on, that are never going to be groomed to be starters. Jordon Dizon, Andre Fluellen, Drew Stanton, Derrick Williams...

You could also throw Ikaika and Gerald Alexander in that group even though neither are here anymore.

I think they struck gold with Delmas, Levy and Sammie Lee Hill. And I hope they re-sign Jason Hunter who has shown some flashes of competence and is only 26. I also think Aaron Brown can be groomed into a servicable all-purpose H-Back (poor mans Reggie Bush).

Will Heller proved to be a nice, cheap FA signing and can spell Pettigrew next yr. Mo Morris has proved to be a nice depth guy. Manny Ramirez would be better as a reserve where he can be more versitale rather than starting.

Worthless guys who have no real future/upside include Landon Cohen, Kevin Hobbs, Drew Stanton, Jerome Felton, and Turk McBride

Ok, done venting. I still have hope...

im pretty skeptical of our ability to sign a quality left tackle. usually teams dont let the good ones get away. i also think its the most important position to address this offseason, so i dont think suh is realistic, unless we have a diamond in the rough we think we can get in the second round.

a more plausible plan to me is signing shaun rogers back (he was talking detroit during the season), and then either taking okung at #2 or more idealy trading down some slots and picking up addition 2nd and 3rd rounders. hopefully, st louis goes qb and suh explodes in the combine. i think this is fairly realistic, since theyll be in the same position we were last year with stafford.

but it looks like we done good with stafford. we should have took oher rather than pettigrew, but oh well. we cant let next year's line look anything like this year's. the lions, im sure, know this. that whole backus backing was bull. believe half of what you see and nothing that you hear, as they say.

How does Shaun Rogers magically become a free agent, b?

And Wil, if you think we're going to have any pull with FA's to fill spots like MLB or CB, get real. We will be lucky to get any top names on the market.

+ Reply to Thread