+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ten going to 12 teams? (Looks like it's Pitt)

Blog Entries

Big Ten going to 12 teams? (Looks like it's Pitt)

Find a new slant.

Who would it be? Syracuse? I hope so. Syracuse or Rutgers.

Blog Entries
    If you are bored, here is a thread we had about this from the Spring
    http://wtfdetroit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14966
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Just reading some West Virigina rumors. Rich Rod vs. WVU? lol

Actually, Penn St vs. WVU is getting a lot of love.
    Find a new slant.

I heard Pitt was a possibility too. Or possibly even Iowa State (with the Big 12 grabbing a different team).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    ND with Kelly would be crazy.

What about your Chippewas, Chris?

Louisville, Pitt, Rutgers, who else?
    Find a new slant.

BTW, I think their naming conventions are antiquated. Pac 10, Big 12 and Big 10 were all stupid to put a number in their name and assume the number of teams would never change.

Go Big Midwest!
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Glan
    ND with Kelly would be crazy.

What about your Chippewas, Chris?

Louisville, Pitt, Rutgers, who else?
    I'd love to see the Chips there but I'm sure the Big 10 would want a team that pulls in an additional market for them and more viewers. Louisville would be a good fit for that. What about Cincy?

Blog Entries
    Big Ten to explore adding 12th member

By Adam Rittenberg
    ESPN.com

The Big Ten Conference will explore the possibility of expansion in the next 12 to 18 months, according to a statement the league will release at 4 p.m. ET Tuesday. There will be no press conference to make the announcement.

The league will announce that expansion is now a front-burner issue, though there are no guarantees a 12th member will be added. The Big Ten last expanded in 1989 with Penn State and hasn't seriously pursued the possibility since 1999, when it had discussions with Notre Dame.

Penn State head football coach Joe Paterno has advocated expansion and the need to hold a Big Ten championship game in football. Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez told the schools athletic board Friday that league commissioner Jim Delany will be more proactive about adding a 12th member.

"I have a sense [Delany] is going to take this year to really be more aggressive about it," Alvarez told the board. "I just think everybody feels [expansion] is the direction to go, coaches and administrators."

The expansion examination is expected to take 12 to 18 months, at which time a recommendation may or may not be made.

Adam Rittenberg covers Big Ten football for ESPN.com. He can be reached at espnritt@gmail.com.
    Find a new slant.

I believe it will be Pitt. Pitt is the best fit. Its academics are strong and it has decent football and basketball programs. Also, it would fit nicely into an east/west geographical split.
    www.university.com

+ Reply to Thread