+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistons/Gortat

Pryzbilla has started, plays more than ten minutes a game, is a known quantity.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    I think this is going to work!

Pryz is an expiring (he has a player option). Also, Pryz is playing behind a fragile center that just got lost for the year (so his team might not be looking to move him now).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

The Glan vs. Fool lately has been nothing short of fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Wtfdetroit.com.....it's FAAAAAAANNNN-TASTIC!!!

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

I think if Orlando are willing to do a Kwame/Bynum for Gortat deal we would have to do it.

To get a starting C locked into a long term contract at what seems like a reasonable price for (essentially) our back up PG is insane.

Obviously the potential is there that Gortat is useless playing more than 20 mins per night and you're stuck with the dude...

surely in our current situation we'd have to take the risk?

Gortat/Ben/Tay/Rip/Stuckey with Nova, BG and Jerebko off the bench...
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    Vince/Gortat for Rip/Tay works on the trade machine, but a) it doesn't help the SG logjam and b) I can't stand Vince or his game

Tom Wilson would probably like it, though.
    Find a new slant.

Would Orlando do that?

I know they're not happy with how the season is goin (karma is a bitch) but taking on Rip's deal is a big issue for any team.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Orlando would win the East easily with Rip.

Add that mid-range game to the 3 fest, slashing, and Howard in the paint. And Rip has ZERO problem passing to big men.

They would cream themselves to have Rip for Vince. If Tayshaun ever get's healthy, they would be a ridiculously good trade for them.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Orlando would win the East easily with Rip.

Add that mid-range game to the 3 fest, slashing, and Howard in the paint. And Rip has ZERO problem passing to big men.

They would cream themselves to have Rip for Vince. If Tayshaun ever get's healthy, they would be a ridiculously good trade for them.
    Don't forget Rip's underrated ability to throw alley-oops. He's got a knack for putting the ball exactly where it needs to be. With someone like Howard in the paint, or Lewis slashing to the rim, that would be a nice attribute.

Are they regretting that big contract they gave to Gortat, who's essentially Howard's backup for the next 5 years? It doesn't seem like a lot on its own, but $7m a year for your backup C when you're starting frontcourt is making $32.5m is a huge chunk of the cap.

As the Pistons, I'd definitely do this deal. You move Rip's contract, you get a shot at a quality C with a not-terrible contract (rare), and Vince expires after next season, meaning you can probably move his huge contract for something solid next season.
    _

+ Reply to Thread