Jon (Santa Cruz, Calif.): Marcin Gortat has expressed that he wants a bigger role than he has in Orlando. Any way the Pistons look into a trade for Gortat? He seems like he would fit with Villanueva at power forward and this would almost complete our young core.

Langlois: Gortat is coming close to cracking our first team of “Why don’t the Pistons trade for …” players. I’d put Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire, Carlos Boozer, Chris Kaman and Emeka Okafor on that team, Okafor recently having replaced Tyson Chandler. As with all trade proposals, you have to ask yourself this: What makes sense for Orlando? We answered a similar question last week, and my conclusion was this: The Pistons don’t really have a match. If I’m Orlando, looking at the Pistons roster, I’d say Villanueva would fit the style, but they already have two perimeter-shooting power forwards in Rashard Lewis and Ryan Anderson. I’m sure they’d love Will Bynum to pair with Jameer Nelson at point guard, but Bynum doesn’t make nearly enough to match Gortat’s salary. I’m sure they’d jump at the chance to obtain Stuckey, but the salaries, again, aren’t a match, and the Pistons wouldn’t deal Stuckey (and quite possibly not Bynum, either) for Gortat. Maybe a combination of Kwame Brown’s expiring deal, Brown replacing Gortat as Howard’s backup, and one of the rookies. Austin Daye would be a really nice fit, but, again, do the Magic really have room for another 6-foot-11 shooter? And would the Pistons do that deal? I don’t know. They’d have to really like Gortat, who so far has proven he can be a very capable 15-minute performer, but has had precious little opportunity to prove he can do it for 30 or 35 minutes a night.