+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: min/detroit

min/detroit

Detroit Trades: rip, 2nd rounder

minnesota trades: Sessions, 2010 first rounder, and brian cardinal

why detroit? A pass first pg who can create, allowing a sessions/bg/stuckey trio if needed. They get a first rounder and massive cap space when BC expires.

Minny does it in order to create some scoring for their wing position. Flynn and sessions can not co exist. Now add in Rubio and they have a great surplus of young talented pgs. A flynn/rip/brewer/love/jefferson starting 5 should easily get them more wins.

Can't imagine Minny would give up a top 5 pick though.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

How about changing the pick to Rubio's rights?

Ain't no way anyone is offering a player of Rip's calibre for the rookie's rights.

Or we can do a Blount/Cardinal/Rubio's rights for Rip, that way we don't bring in Sessions to fuck with the Stuckey/BG/Bynum trio
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Rubio is a pure PG that would fit in very well here with the score first guards we have on our roster now.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Isn't he not coming over because he doesn't want to be in Minnesota? You think he changes his mind for Detroit ... ?
    STEW BEEF!

Maybe, depends on the calibre of team we have when his new contract runs out in Euro-ville.

I'm not really worried about the kid though - he's just an asset to acquire.

IF we wanna make trades that bring in assets and/or clear space you'd be hard pressed to find one better than this.

Minny could start Love, Jefferson, Brewer, Rip and Flynn and still have their 2010 pick plus whatever else they have (Gomes + what?)

We clear cap space and Rubio's rights might be a nice chip to throw at a team in a trade scenario (or sign and trade = hello Chris Bosh).

Or maybe we deal him for a top pick in the 2010 Draft? Is Rubio worth the #2 pick in 2010? Is he worth a Top 5 in 2010?

What teams would he be interested in?

New York was apparently hot for him. With cap space and his rights to deal we could land David Lee ...

The possibilities of landing a quality player using Rubio + cap space are more than the possibilities of landing said quality player by dealing Rip IMO
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Should we just trade all of the original core for cap space?
    STEW BEEF!

Don't see this as realistic for Minny... you'd like to think that they're working on a core for 2-3 years down the road.... they ain't going anywhere for the next two years of Rip's career.
    With all the deals they've turned down for Rubio... ya gotta believe they can get another young stud for him if they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Isn't he not coming over because he doesn't want to be in Minnesota? You think he changes his mind for Detroit ... ?
    I think a big part of it was that he wasn't guaranteed to be the guy in Minny and Barça and Madrid both were willing to hand him the keys and offer him big money.

^Yup. He was mad he was one of three PGs drafted in the first round for Minny.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

+ Reply to Thread