+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: I'd trade Ben

I'd trade Ben

and we should if:

1. He would be interested in going to a contender (or just below).

2. Someone will give us a pick.

Simple matter of fact Ben won't be here the next time the Pistons raise a trophy. With his salary, a lot of teams that are going to be on tight budgets may take a look. Not to mention some teams may be wanting to sell the pick regardless so as not to take on the salary what with the FA bounty to be had.

Teams that might fit are ATL, MIA, HOU. Not sure if any of those are good enough for Ben to want to go through the hassle.

Ben may be the worst thing that's happened to our lotto chances.
    No disrespect intended but we don't want to be 1/2 way good... that's a losing deal.

So we repay a guy for coming in and playing his ass off by trading him because "We don't want to be good."

I'm not sure about how that sell will work in the locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    So we repay a guy for coming in and playing his ass off by trading him because "We don't want to be good."

I'm not sure about how that sell will work in the locker room.
    No, no, no. We trade him because we want the pick and he wants to win. The losing is a potentially positive side effect.

I think Ben likes it here. Don't think that he wants to move and go play for another team.
    k

No way. Ben wants to be here. He is teaching our young guys to lay everything out on the court. He knew exactly what he was getting into when he signed on. He already has a ring. He wants to go out as a Piston.

And I would rather be mediocre than terrible. You don't want all of our young players "tainted" by a team that has no chance to even sniff the playoffs. That's when bad habits are developed.

Joe will have to find draft steals (Jonas is a good start), and trades to get back to the top.

We've already got some good young talent with Rodney, Bynum, Gordon, Daye, CV, Jerebko, and to some extent Summer/Max. Look to move Rip/Tay for expirings or any kind of youth, and we're well on our way. This undermanned squad has competed in nearly every game this year, and are only a few pieces away from pushing back toward the top of the conference.
    Last edited by FP22; 12-06-2009 at 10:53 PM.

I'm not sure you'd get that much for him anyway. What, a second rounder? That's not worth the message you send by moving him IMO.

Now if the Pistons can't get back in the playoff hunt I wouldn't have a problem with Joe asking if he wants to be moved to a contender.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Agreed. Unless he brings back a first or something, I don't do it in any way shape or form.

Seriously, the way Ben fucked up the "up and coming" Bulls only makes me love the guy more as a Piston.
    STEW BEEF!

We ask for a late first. We gave up a late first for Arroyo who was in the doghouse and had a bad contract. Ben is a leader who has a min. deal. ATL would be looking at like the 24th pick I'd guess and may not want it.

Would you for the 24th?

+ Reply to Thread