+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: To tank or not to tank

Yeah, I think people's idea of CV's contract is distorted because he signed with Gordon and together they ate all our space.

Villa doesn't need to add anything to his game to be worth his contract. He is already. It'd be great if he blew up while we have him signed but that's not happening.
    STEW BEEF!

In the game of building assets while remaining within budget you have to wonder about Gordon, Rip & Tay.
    What's the window?... 2011-12?
    Rip would be to0 old and a boat anchor contract... For Gordon will his defense match his "O" and his salary?
    CV is as bad at D as he's good at O... ok piece for the price.

The big question is what do we honestly have to offer that we're willing to give up to get the missing pieces... it's gonna take a sucker on the other side of the phone.

Draft picks?... it's starting to look like 10-15 range.

V is not as bad on D as he is on O...he does not have the talent to be a great defender, but he doesn' lack for effort on that end, either.

And Rip can do what he does well into his late 30's. Age is not a concern with him, only his contract.

I believe this question should be answered now. We're banged up, we're missing guys, and look at the heart and passion our guys are showing. Even earlier in the season when we lost those string of comeback heartbreakers... how can you not respect these guys? They don't fuckin give up. Let them keep trying to win. In doing so, they might actually learn how to win in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    I agree, but I was saying with this team. They aren't winning the Championship in the next two years. Ben is playing fantastic but we can't fool ourselves to think that he's found the fountain of youth and will be able to play for the next 10 years.
    I agree we're not winning the title in the next 2 seasons unless something super freaky happens (we deal Kwame for a piece, we land Bosh for Prince and Daye, win the Lottery and deal the pick, use the MLE)

I still think Joe believes that until the day Ben retires he will be an asset to any team looking to contend. Other than the "been-there-done-that" side of things you have the whole leadership, work ethic, team first stuff that Ben does.

Dude might not even have to play to be an asset on the squad

As for Nova - dude makes approx $6.5 mil - that's not a lot for a dude that can inside and out and drop 20 regularly. If he improves certain areas he's a bargain at that price.

And I think I said he'd be a great 6th Man on a title team. I don't believe he has the mental toughness to start and deliver each and every night at PF. But coming off the bench, with the green light? He's a great option.

So is Gordon and Bynum. Rip can continue to be a shooter like Reggie Miller was. Dude was how old when he retired? So the backcourt comes down to Stuckey's development (or lack thereof)

And I honestly believe Joe thinks that. I think he sees Rip, Stuckey, Gordon and Bynum as his backcourt for the next 5 years (or close to it)

It's up front where we need help
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

+ Reply to Thread