+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2009 + 2016 College Football coaching carousel: Leach/Weis/Bowden/Kelly/Mangino,et al

Chippewas coach Butch Jones will be named the next Cincinnati coach
    Players meeting my ASS!

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    LOL@Chris

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    I was hoping for that to happen. Now all that needs to happen is to have the coach from GVSU get the CMU job.
    Find a new slant.

Uhg, I hate this shit. Poaching coaches sucks. You have all these big time schools that make shit hires and end up having to start over every 3-4 years. All they do is grab coaches and start the merry go round all over.

I don't understand why coaches can switch jobs whenever they want and the kids have to sit out a year to transfer. That's BS. make the coaches play out their contract.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Well most schools build in clauses to the coaches contracts that make the coaches have to "buy out" their contract. Now if their new employer wants to pay that out in addition to paying the new salary, that's completely up to them.

I do agree there is some unfairness here. The argument could be made that since coaches get paid and it's their profession, they should be able to do what they want. Again, I understand the aspects are different then most professions (contracts, recruiting, etc.)

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

With Urban stepping down, I'm thinkin the early money has to be on Izzo
    Players meeting my ASS!

Chuck Martin has left Grand Valley and is taking a position as the DB coach for Notre Dame. Clearly not a "glam" position persay, but if the D-Coordinator gets fired or takes a head coaching gig in the future you would assume Martin would be the next in line as a coordinator and it can't hurt having guys with head coaching experience on your staff as a positional coach.

Meyer only taking a leave of absence. Interesting.....

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

I was thinking it had something to do with recruiting ???
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by D's Nuts
    Well most schools build in clauses to the coaches contracts that make the coaches have to "buy out" their contract. Now if their new employer wants to pay that out in addition to paying the new salary, that's completely up to them.

I do agree there is some unfairness here. The argument could be made that since coaches get paid and it's their profession, they should be able to do what they want. Again, I understand the aspects are different then most professions (contracts, recruiting, etc.)
    I don't think being paid makes a difference. I'm not under contract at my job. While they expect me to work here a long time (and I will), I'm not throwing anyone under the bus by leaving because I have no written promise to stay for a certain amount of time.

I feel they should honor their contract or be forced to buy themselves out without help from their new school (like when a European ball player comes over here). I don't have a problem with coaches leaving in their final year though (if the school hasn't made a commitment to extend them, I can't expect them to not look).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread