+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 + 2016 College Football coaching carousel: Leach/Weis/Bowden/Kelly/Mangino,et al

Most say you have to give coaches 2-3 years to get their players in. Harbaugh is in year 3. In year 2 he won every home game except USC (ranked #6 overall)

Meanwhile, RR has lost home games to crappy teams like Illinois and Toledo while not obtaining a winning record or a bowl game.

This is despite having a top 3 school in the conference. Stanford is a bottom 3 school in the conference for football recruiting power I would guess.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

new coach, new excuses?

im not saying harbough isnt intriguing. he might be an upgrade. but why rush into a decision? are we really sure he's the dream candidate based on his 17-19 record at stanford?

one more year of RR is so unbearable? i just dont get it. in the world of college football coaching stock seems to fluctuate riduculously, i think its absurd to simply chase the hot name at the moment.

no one would hire harbough over the RR of 2 years ago.

ha ha ha ha, our boy TheTwins just posted a thread on gobluewolverine.com about BK to ND which is already over 24 hours old and he has been getting nothing but flack since the exact same thread had already been posted twice last night. He is pulling a nice Doc Tre over there.

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    1) i wont disagree RR could have handled the transition better. but as we get deeper into his tenure, who cares? it'll be forgiven quickly if we win next year.

2) i like that harbough went after USC, and would love to see us go at OSU. but its 2 wins. if RR goes another crappy 5-7 next year, i'd want him fired. but he'd only have 4 less wins than harbough over 3 years.

3) doing it at stanford is maybe impressive, but its not like the pac 10 has been much the last 3 years (nor has the big ten last 2).
    4) i disagree with the fit thing. i dont see it as an issue with RR and hate the point. if your arguing you need to be defensive minded... you need to be more so than he's been, but just recently NC games have been track meets. i dont think theres a golden formula. you just need to be good, have luck, and an ultra dedicated staff.

Point 3: The Pac Ten was 5-0 in bowl games last year. 4-2 the year before. Umm, you may be one of those guys who doesn't watch their games because they come on late, but the conference is good. It's under rated because they play later and the member schools are located in places where you can go outside in the winter (for Michigan, that means 11 months a year) without freezing your dick off--and people are jealous of that.

Point 4: I said DickRod could fitzwell in at Michigan. If you don't see it as an issue with him, well then you haven't been paying attention lately and you must buy into the fact that Michigan football needed to be nuked and rebuilt up from nothing.
    The NC games the last three years have been track meets for teams playing Ohio State. Last year's game between Oklahoma and Florida featured offenses averaging 50 and 40 PPG--and the final score was 24-14.

At some point I'd like you to stop living under perception. You really need to pull head out of ass and look around to see what's going on. You post as if you are some hermit who doesn't read newspapers, watch tv, and get your news from your equally suspicious neighbor Earl--who gets his news via his ham radio network and Star Trek Weekly.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Don't knock Star Trek Weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    Point 3: The Pac Ten was 5-0 in bowl games last year. 4-2 the year before. Umm, you may be one of those guys who doesn't watch their games because they come on late, but the conference is good. It's under rated because they play later and the member schools are located in places where you can go outside in the winter (for Michigan, that means 11 months a year) without freezing your dick off--and people are jealous of that.

Point 4: I said DickRod could fitzwell in at Michigan. If you don't see it as an issue with him, well then you haven't been paying attention lately and you must buy into the fact that Michigan football needed to be nuked and rebuilt up from nothing.
    The NC games the last three years have been track meets for teams playing Ohio State. Last year's game between Oklahoma and Florida featured offenses averaging 50 and 40 PPG--and the final score was 24-14.

At some point I'd like you to stop living under perception. You really need to pull head out of ass and look around to see what's going on. You post as if you are some hermit who doesn't read newspapers, watch tv, and get your news from your equally suspicious neighbor Earl--who gets his news via his ham radio network and Star Trek Weekly.

even if i concede every point, even getting all my news second hand via star treck weekly, i dont think you've made much of a case that jimmmmmmmmah needs to be brought in this year.

its like, what are you afraid of? harbough sucking? rich rod succeeding? i'd rather find out harbough sucks sooner than year 3 of his tenure at michigan.

i know you hate apologists, but we lost to osu for 1 reason: tate forcier made like 4 freshman mistakes. in every other aspect we either were better by some or alot. richy outcoached sweatervest. we need more than moral victories, but its something.

-------

warren is almost definitly going pro it appears.

The joke here is too obvious.

Blog Entries
    Kelly officially makes his interest in ND job public.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Chicago Sun Times says that ND might be ready to announce as soon as tomorrow, it they say that Stoops is still in the mix.

But I bet it's Kelly.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread