+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 + 2016 College Football coaching carousel: Leach/Weis/Bowden/Kelly/Mangino,et al

diddly, your points on Harbaugh are duly noted. But to quote Allen Iverson, "We talkin' bout stanfud. Main, dass stanfud. We all up in dis mug talkin' bout stanfud"

He didn't destroy Stanford and then put shit out on the field his first two years. They've been good like three times in the last century. Their academic requirements mean they have to recruit players who actually mean things like, "Um, yeah, academimums is impertinent to me" And he DO find ways to get his teams up for big games.

Lookie here: This is one of those "fit" things. Harbaugh would fit the same way Miles would have. If you don't see that, you need to be knocked upside your head. I'm not going to explain that concept.

Now not to say DickRod can't be a "fit" at UM. But what the hell does he need? Five more years to get "Hizz Guyzz"? How the fuck come we've hired the ONE coach in the world who is the onliest guy ever who needs players so goddamm specific for Hizz Systemzz? And why the fuck does Michigan have the ONE GODDAMM guy who is the onliest one in the world who knows what kind of player he needs?

That's BULLSHIT.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    Who do you like DBTM?

Or was the coach already hired. I haven't heard much news today.
    Personally, I like Urban Meyer, but only if I was playing with monopoly money. Give him 10 mil a year and see if he flinches.

Whoever it is, he must be a winner at the college level. No more of this NFL bullshit or ND alumni bullshit. Give me someone that can recruit offense AND defense and coach them up. Id rather have Bob Stoops than Brian Kelly, but Kelly looks like the most realistic scenario.
    Destiny

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLead
    take w/ a grain of salt: Notre Dame msg boards (full of insiders!) are buzzing that Stoops and ND have "agreed in principal" ...
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    I go to thetwins81 for this shit.

My sources*are telling me Swarbrick's throwing out the feelers to Meyer, Kelly, and Kevin Sumlin.
    * No actual sources

Blog Entries
    Kelly would be hilarious at ND, dude is such a loose cannon.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Rich Rod is my choice, and I'm sticking to it.

Blog Entries
    Kelly, a Massachusetts native and proud Irish American
    BUT HE DIDN'T ATTEND THE UNIVERSITY

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    diddly, your points on Harbaugh are duly noted. But to quote Allen Iverson, "We talkin' bout stanfud. Main, dass stanfud. We all up in dis mug talkin' bout stanfud"

He didn't destroy Stanford and then put shit out on the field his first two years. They've been good like three times in the last century. Their academic requirements mean they have to recruit players who actually mean things like, "Um, yeah, academimums is impertinent to me" And he DO find ways to get his teams up for big games.

Lookie here: This is one of those "fit" things. Harbaugh would fit the same way Miles would have. If you don't see that, you need to be knocked upside your head. I'm not going to explain that concept.

Now not to say DickRod can't be a "fit" at UM. But what the hell does he need? Five more years to get "Hizz Guyzz"? How the fuck come we've hired the ONE coach in the world who is the onliest guy ever who needs players so goddamm specific for Hizz Systemzz? And why the fuck does Michigan have the ONE GODDAMM guy who is the onliest one in the world who knows what kind of player he needs?

That's BULLSHIT.
    1) i wont disagree RR could have handled the transition better. but as we get deeper into his tenure, who cares? it'll be forgiven quickly if we win next year.

2) i like that harbough went after USC, and would love to see us go at OSU. but its 2 wins. if RR goes another crappy 5-7 next year, i'd want him fired. but he'd only have 4 less wins than harbough over 3 years.

3) doing it at stanford is maybe impressive, but its not like the pac 10 has been much the last 3 years (nor has the big ten last 2).

4) i disagree with the fit thing. i dont see it as an issue with RR and hate the point. if your arguing you need to be defensive minded... you need to be more so than he's been, but just recently NC games have been track meets. i dont think theres a golden formula. you just need to be good, have luck, and an ultra dedicated staff.

+ Reply to Thread