+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 + 2016 College Football coaching carousel: Leach/Weis/Bowden/Kelly/Mangino,et al

Blog Entries
    No shame in losing to TEBOW by 27 in your final game.

Good riddance. He will forever be a great offensive coordinator, but never a head coach. This teams defense made Tate Forcier look like a Heisman candidate.
    Destiny

Who do you like DBTM?

Or was the coach already hired. I haven't heard much news today.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    What kind of douchebag players wouldn't want to play in a bowl game, even if it's the Trojan Magnum's Bowl or something of that caliber?
    I understand the players turning this down. Besides, it'd cost Notre Dame more to go to the game than the payout. Notre Dame doesn't need shit bag bowl games. The players probably like Charlie and would want him to coach them.

Their motivation for this game would be less than zero, and it's nothing more than an opportunity to be embarrassed when the go up against a team with the world to play for. And after a long season--15 more practices? Who the hell wants to do that just to play some team with directions or fourteen words in its name?

Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Bowden "to announce retirement tomorrow". Shitcanned IMO.

why even let the players vote? all it does is make them look like quitters if they want to decline. its a crappy situation either way, the AD should man up and make the tough call.

i think theres a lesson in ND. the school hasnt had the right man aboard in over a decade, and probably put up with weiss several years too long. but after several fiascos-- hiring a liar and an unproven hot shot coach from standford (sound familiar?)-- they wanted to give chuckles every chance they could before blowing through another coach.

it seems common sensical to fire too early than too late, especially if it seems the writing is on the walls, as it somewhat does with RR. but really, one year can only make a big difference if the coach is bringing on sanctions. far worse than one lost year is bringing in the wrong guy again.

people think harbough is some sort of prodigy... lets see how he does without a heisman contending rb for a year. the way college coach's stock moves, by this time next year all the michigan fans who know right now he's the only man for the job might have a drastically different impression of him. or not. but whats another year?

"Let's see how he does without a heisman contending rb for a year"

Uh, diddy, Gerhardt was a freshman in 2007--Harbaugh's first year. Harbaugh recruited him. And gerhardt was a lowly three-star.

Ummm, yeah, let's see how Harbaugh does without him. Not that he has recruited any other good players.

Sometimes, you are a complete fucking idiot. Unlike DickRod, Harbaugh appears to know how to use the talent he brings in.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Coaches help make Heisman candidates BTW. talent means shit if the coaching doesn't exploit there strengths.

Let's see how Meyer does without a Heisman QB, or Carrol does without Heisman QB's...

That is bad logic. Look at Weis. He had a Heisman type QB and 2+ great WR's and did shit with that team.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

harbough was 5-7 after year 2 at stanford, which followed a dazzling 4-8. this year, where he's the greatest coach of all time, he's 8-4. 3 more wins than rr.

i just dont see what the rush is to get this guy in. and based on his track record, he'll need more than the two years we gave RR to turn this around. would he get that, or is his ass fired too?

Harbaugh is an ass.

People love to kiss ass.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread