+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Joe just ride out this year or will he do something?

Blog Entries

Will Joe just ride out this year or will he do something?

So we've now lost 7 in a row, with no relief in sight. Even if we play .500 the rest of the way once/if Rip/Tay get back, there's still no playoffs this year for this team. That's just the situation. So do you think that Joe will do something soon to try and salvage the season or get the shrinking crowds back? Problem is, what can he do at this point, really? Nobody is going to want our broken and overpaid stars, and outside of Kwame, we don't have the expiring deals to perform any kind of major overhaul. It's starting to feel like a throw away year to me. I think Joe's primary goal has to be to try and move these contracts some how so he can set up for next year, but it will be nearly impossible to do on the brink of the biggest free agency bonanza in league history. It's a shame to see the shrinking crowds and overall indifference creeping into what was a really energized fanbase for so many years, but there really isn't much that can be done about it now, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Glenn; 11-28-2009 at 08:46 PM. Reason: typo
    Find a new slant.

nothing can be done. let kwame expire, stay in the bottom 1/2 in payroll, hope something lands in your lap 4 tay.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    i want a top 5 pick

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    nothing can be done. let kwame expire, stay in the bottom 1/2 in payroll, hope something lands in your lap 4 tay.
    I agree with this. I think Joe needs to wait it out, and if a fantastic deal arises, take advantage. I don't think the Pistons are one player away like they were in 2004, but I'm sure a player will become available that would be an upgrade on this team.

I would like a top 5 pick as well, but Joe's track record for early picks is very...shaky.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

I think he'll let these guys ride it out/tank.

A top 5 pick would be wonderful. The player we pick would have a contract that would expire just as Gordon's and Villanueva's expire (I think).

Blog Entries
    Think we'll see "all seats $10" or something, then? Because if the losing continues, you could see less than 5K in attendance.
    Find a new slant.

That's ok, keep below the cap and you get a bonus as well, the team will be fine financially.

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    I agree with this. I think Joe needs to wait it out, and if a fantastic deal arises, take advantage. I don't think the Pistons are one player away like they were in 2004, but I'm sure a player will become available that would be an upgrade on this team.
    Completely agree.

However, don't count the Pistons out of the playoff hunt. Even with a 5-11 record, the Pistons are only 2 games out of 7th place in the East. The schedule lightens up, and if the Pistons can get healthy, a playoff spot is not out of the question.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    That's ok, keep below the cap and you get a bonus as well, the team will be fine financially.
    With so many teams under the tax, the bonus checks ain't gonna be what they used to be.
    Find a new slant.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but half of them are over as of now this year, yes? Bulls at over 69 mil and everyone else above them? And we expect the line to drop again next year.....I'm thinking we'll be fine.

+ Reply to Thread