+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Football recruiting thread

Hey, there appears to be no more recruiting threads, so here's some news on Michigan:
    Cullen Christian, #3 CB in the country out of Pennsylvania, did the right thing for himself and America and committed to Michigan tonight.

UM has recruited FIVE defensive backs in this class. In bukdow math, that's minus65.9.

What we've seen from DickRod is some serious late inning recruiting prowess. UM hs about 3 scholarships left to give--and the emphasis appears to be defense. They could go to 28--and be creative with the way the guys get in. Adrian Witty qualified--but counts as a 2010 recruit.

You can no longer count early enrollees in the previous year's class, soooo (I'm sure that means everyone but the SEC).

Will we see decomits? I don't know--don't really think so--don't know if DickRod can afford any more bad press. Maybe some of the kids they may not want will have an "accident" or something.

Or worse yet, maybe they'll be sent for a vist to East Lansing and run into some MSU footballers who are just out for a few typically Spartan cheap thrills.

Man, remember the good old days in Lansing, when they just used to burn everything?
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Sounds like both Clarence Murphy & Tony Grimes are blue, but for some reason they are going to wait until Signing Day to announce their decision and most wonder if there will be any spots left by then. If any of the California kids commit or Josh Furman commits then things could get real crazy down the stretch for the final spots. I think it's safe to say that not all of the 5th year seniors will be returning to the football team next year.

It also was revealed that Marvin Robinson will be coming in as a Free Safety and as a January enrollee he will provide crazy safety depth and the competition will be interesting. Between Mike Williams (does anyone even like him as a football player), Jordan Kovacs, Woolfolk/Turner (if Warren is back, 1 of them plays safety), Vlad Emilien, Thomas Gordon, Carvin Johnson (coming in January as well) and Marvin Robinson there would be some serious competition for two spots on the field. Does it mean we'll be better? Not if the same position coach is coaching them and is useless, but at least there will be competition and it makes things more interesting.

Christian looked pretty slow in his highlight video. Maybe it was just because the shots were a lot closer than what I'm used to seeing or it's that he's just one of those long-striders.

Blog Entries
    Michigan reportedly gains a verbal commitment from two-star safety from Ohio. http://bit.ly/6BmBof
    **!
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    It's a good sign when 're stealing them from Bowling Green and Kent State!
    Find a new slant.

THE NEXT JOHN LYNCH?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoopy
    THE NEXT JOHN LYNCH?
    I don't understand the comparison. Lynch is 6'2", 220 pounds and Vinopal is 5'10", 178 pounds. I think the comparison is completely inaccurate. Also Lynch played Strong Safety while Vinopal plays Free Safety. Seems weird to compare him to John Lynch.

Umm... settle down Filly. He was being sarcastic. Michigan signed a 2-star WHITE safety.

By the way - this is what it's come to? 2-star players? And I'm being harsh when I said that Rich Rod needed to be fired NOW? The longer we wait for the inevitable, the more fucked the program will be. Michigan is going to have to rebuild for double the time this piece of trailer trash is coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    We're slowly all morphing into bukdow.

That's all for me, gotta go pick up my walking cape from the cleaners.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    Umm... settle down Filly. He was being sarcastic. Michigan signed a 2-star WHITE safety.

By the way - this is what it's come to? 2-star players? And I'm being harsh when I said that Rich Rod needed to be fired NOW? The longer we wait for the inevitable, the more fucked the program will be. Michigan is going to have to rebuild for double the time this piece of trailer trash is coaching.

I think DickRod is panicking--taking as many commits as he can get to fend off those at UM who want his head on a platter NOW.

I'm amazed at the dearth of DL and linebackers in this class. It's MICHIGAN--and there is plenty of playing time to offer, and they need the help. Yet, nothing worth noting.

This isn't a bad class--except they have no bidness taking guys like Dileo, Drake, Kinnard, Vinopal, Pace, Jerald Robinson, Cornelius Jones, and probably the Talboot brothers.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Great recruiters RECROOT. DickRod couldn't recruit to WVU, even when he had them rolling, and he doesn't seem to get that he's recruiting to Michigan.

The apologists are all saying, "Well, what do you expeck, we just went 5-7" AND???

The sheer volume of recruits in this class will have it ranked close to the Top 10-15 when it's all said and done (at the end of the day), but so far the average star ranking per player is 3.18---well below UM's average, and Stars do matter. Even Barwis has said he prefers higher ranked players because of more potential.

The funny thing is there are several highly ranked players who are or reportedly want to visit UM--but we've got three spots left and two assumed "silent" commits in Grimes/Murphy. Guys like Tony Jefferson, Sean Parker, Torian Wilson (why the hell did he commit to Stanford so abruptly anyway?) And still several apparently Big Time Dlinemen.

I gotta tell ya--it seems the biggest jokes that guys like bukdow made are coming true: DickRod has clicked his heels together and thinks he has awakened in Norf Morgantown.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

+ Reply to Thread