+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: OGT: Pistons - Shaq, Ben Stein, and LeTravel, Atticus in the house

Quote Originally Posted by Koolaid
    ok ill go back to the basics on your ass.
    There's no need for that. I can read all your posts. Including the ones after this where you come across as either a drunking teenager or a proud redneck. I don't really care either way, cause it AGAIN has nothing to do with the discussion.

Stuckey is not a better defender than Bynum. They are both PGs. Bynum defends PGs better, and his quickness allows him to do alot defensively that Stuckey can not do.
    First things first: Rodney Stuckey is not a PG. That's a proven fact. I don't care what position the organisation expects him to play, where they play him or what they call him. He was not, is not and never will be a PG.

Now, secondly: YES (shock! horror! awe!) Bynum's speedy, midget ass allows him to do things that very, very few 6'5" SG's can do. Like stay in front of most other guards and especially, speedy ones. But due to the hand checking rules he can't really do shit except try to stay in front of them and maybe get a hand up.

Due to hand checking rules AND his small ass he can be shot over consistently. He can also get dominated by bigger guards (which means most of them). Kinda like Chauncey used to do. Remember how Chauncey used to just dip his shoulder into fuckers at the top of the key, take a couple of dribbles and pull up? You can do that shit all day on Bynum cause he's (at most) 5 foot fucking 10.

And YES, his size matters. His inability to do anything other maybe stay in front of his opposite number matters. IF they wanna they can bump him a little and hit mid-range J's on his ass all night long.

But don't mention that. Don't bring that shit up. Cause he's the little engine that could.

for what it's worth i can understand why you're on the man's nuts. him and Stackhouse are basically the same player, except Stuck doesn't dunk.
    Again, I'm not on Stuckey's nuts, or his side or whatever. I have stated time and time again the kid was not, is not and never will be a PG IMO. The kid is a SG being forced to play PG by an organisation that seems to enjoy fucking up the few decent prospects it manages to draft once in a blue moon.

But the amount of hate this kid cops for a 3rd year pro is just insane. He's playing for his 3rd pro Coach, on a team where his role changes nightly (if not by the minute) and he has survived the "Coaching" of Michael Curry, the disaster that was last season and the "Sacred Cow" shit.

Give the kid some credit.

But no one can do that. Cause he's a bum. Y'all hate the kid. That's cool.

He, along with Bynum is THE issue right now. So let's keep it rolling...

Damn! Sorry Koolaid - another wordy post. I hope it doesn't confuse you
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glan
    It was a jab at stat, you had to be there.
    most of your jabs are "you had to be there" try something for the whole crowd next time damnit.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Right now Stuckey, a guy you even say is not a PG, is starting at point guard. Then there's Bynum, a straight up PG, coming off the bench.

Stuckey starts the game off almost exclusively looking for his own shot because he's playing out of position. This team has dudes who can score in the starting lineup (or it did at least), and nobody is there to pass to them. If you don't see that then you're not watching.

Bynum's clearly the best distributor on this team. If you don't think it's a good idea to have your best distributor starting at the point and feeding his team mates with baskets to get them in rhythm then you really don't know shit. You can type the 'wordy posts' and make little bitch ass remarks doubting my ability to read or whatever, but it doesn't change that you're wrong as hell.

You can even say dumb shit like PGs are going to use their size to overpower Bynum because BARON DAVIS did it. You can mention the fact that Chauncey used to do that shit all the time too and attempt to make it seem common. I don't believe that you're dumb enough to think that's normal though, those guys are very rare in this league. You know you're full of shit when you type that stuff. Look at the PGs in this league. Only Chauncey, Baron, Andre Miller and sometimes Jason Kidd are going to play that way.

I'm not going to just be cool while letting Stuckey to start at PG, not be a PG, shoot horribly and recklessly chuck up shots while getting 40 minutes a game just because it's his 3rd year. If his game needs to improve then his minutes should reflect that, whether it's his 3rd or his 13th year.
    k

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Yup.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Right now Stuckey, a guy you even say is not a PG, is starting at point guard. Then there's Bynum, a straight up PG, coming off the bench.
    Again, you're mistaken. Bynum is not a straight up PG. But we'll continue...

Stuckey starts the game off almost exclusively looking for his own shot because he's playing out of position. This team has dudes who can score in the starting lineup (or it did at least), and nobody is there to pass to them. If you don't see that then you're not watching.
    First things first: I probably watch more NBA than most of you fuckers, via downloads, highlights and shit like that.

Secondly: No one is there to pass to our starting line-up? Really? Why not - there are 5 guys on the floor, right?

I've never seen Stuckey take the tip off and play 1 on 5 to start a game so there are other dudes on the floor. And there have been games where Stuckey has hardly shot the ball in the 1st quarter. So come up with some other excuse for your midget buddy to get burn

Bynum's clearly the best distributor on this team. If you don't think it's a good idea to have your best distributor starting at the point and feeding his team mates with baskets to get them in rhythm then you really don't know shit.
    Another insult, cause that's how you roll! lol

Obviously Coach doesn't agree with you. Cause he started Daye and then Chucky. You can debate with me but you can't say shit about Coach.

Or doesn't he know shit, either?

You can type the 'wordy posts' and make little bitch ass remarks doubting my ability to read or whatever, but it doesn't change that you're wrong as hell.
    Another insult and then you make a prediction...

I'm wrong as hell? About what exactly?

That Bynum shouldn't start? (Coach agrees with me)
    That Stuckey should start? (Coach agrees with me)

You can even say dumb shit like PGs are going to use their size to overpower Bynum because BARON DAVIS did it. You can mention the fact that Chauncey used to do that shit all the time too and attempt to make it seem common.
    I'm sorry - my post was too wordy. I knew you'd get confused. At what point did I "attempt to make it seem common"?

IF an opposing PG can do that to Bynum and get an easy jumper that doesn't mean they would do it all fucking night. This ain't NBA Live where PG's can score 50 on lay-ups. In a real game an opposing PG might try it early against Bynum (if we're dumb enough to start him)

When it works (and it will) that opposing PG will not do it again straight away. He'll go about his business running his team and ONLY use that move on Bynum when he needs to score a bucket and nothing else is happening, or when it's time to take over.

By doing that simple move you can get into the paint, opening up shooters or big men to dish to. You can try and get to the foul line, too. That opposing PG has a lot of options because of that one play.

Do they have those same options now? Of course! But Bynum is not a real factor for oppositions yet. He's a little hit and miss (especially lately).

But IF you start him teams will plan to abuse him. That's how it works. Mis-matches matter. I don't believe that you're dumb enough to think they don't.

I'm not going to just be cool while letting Stuckey to start at PG, not be a PG, shoot horribly and recklessly chuck up shots while getting 40 minutes a game just because it's his 3rd year. If his game needs to improve then his minutes should reflect that, whether it's his 3rd or his 13th year.
    Who the fuck said he should be allowed to do anything?

Did you mistake me for a Stuckey fan AGAIN? Oh, that's right - too wordy.

Stuckey can get traded for a 2010 pick for all I care. For the last time: He was not, is not and will never be a PG. Dump now while he still has some kind of value.

We can then start Bynum so I can laugh at y'all as we continue to slide down the standings to ensure a high Lotto pick.

Who gives a fuck about coach Q? That's your justification? he did it so it must be the right decision? I don't got a problem with him or anything, but it's kind of silly to assume anything is right just because an unproven rookie head coach just did it. Q is far from being immune to criticism, he hasn't done shit.
    And if you're not a fan of Stuckey at PG, and you insist Bynum should strictly come off the bench, Then who should be starting at PG right now? Chucky!?
    k

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    And if you're not a fan of Stuckey at PG, and you insist Bynum should strictly come off the bench, Then who should be starting at PG right now? Chucky!?

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Ideally we'd have a real PG in the starting line-up. Someone like Andre Miller - a pass first kind of guy.

But, of the available options on the roster the only guy you can go with is Bynum - and that presents the problems I have already discussed.

Are ya happy? I just said Bynum should start.

Doesn't mean I want him to, or he deserves it or something. Just that we have no real PG on the roster and he's the best pick out of a bad bunch.

P, don't give in to that weak argument. Rodney Stuckey aside, Bynum isn't an NBA starting PG. He's a stellar backup, and possibly the best backup PG in the league, but as a backup, he'd be crushed incessantly.

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES

Chris Paul
    height: 6-0
    weight: 175

Rajon Rondo
    Height: 6-1
    Weight: 171

Aaron Brooks
    Height: 6-0
    Weight: 161

Mario Chalmers
    Height: 6-1