+ Reply to Thread

Thread: det/wash

det/wash

Gilbert recently called out Caron Butler...and he's doing terrible as Flip as the head coach. Read he's been disrupting the flow on offense as he takes his man one on one etc. But he's been playing improved defense. With Washington having a ton of assets and need more defensive oriented players...i thought of

Det trades: Tayshaun Prince, Jason Maxiell, future first round pick or dajaun summers

Washington trades: Caron Butler, Nick Young, Dominic McGuire

Under Flip, Max played well so he should be utilized better there. There 4/5 players have been logging in a ton of minutes, despite having Javale McGee and Oberto. Nick Young never gets any minutes, even with Mike MIller injured. I read Nick young spent a ton of time on his game, even Flip was impressed, but he still gets no run.

They can run with

Haywood/Blatche/McGee
    Jamison/Max/Oberto
    Prince/Stevenson
    Miller/Foye
    Gilbert/Boykins

By trading for Nick Young, we'd make rip expandable. Nick can shoot well and is pretty athletic. Caron can create more offense and with Gordon and Butler, we should be guaranteed wing scoring. McGuire was just there for cap purposes.

Wallace/Brown/Wilcox
    Vill/Jerebko/Wilcox
    Butler/Daye
    Rip/BG/Nick young
    Stuckey/Bynum

Trading rip with another player for a legit post presence would be a pretty good team. Doesn't solve any of the current needs, such as the need for a distributing point guard or a post player, but we gain more assets in order to make a play for something we need.

thoughts?

It's not a bad deal... I'd rather go for Blatche, McGee or Haywood.

Blog Entries
    Haywood is among the league leaders in blocks and rebounds, and IIRC, has a nice hefty expiring contract. That kind of combination makes you basically untradable.
    Find a new slant.

If all we gotta do is swap Prince for Butler I guess you have to to it cause we get a young talent and drop Maxiell's contract.

Would Washington really do this?
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

+ Reply to Thread