+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY: It's scandal time again in E.L.(9 players charged with assault)

Blog Entries

SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY: It's scandal time again in E.L.(9 players charged with assault)

Police mum regarding Rather Hall altercation
    By Brittany Shammas
    (Last updated: 12 hours ago)

Police and university officials were tight-lipped Monday about what witnesses have described as a multiple-person assault that happened at about 9:30 p.m. Sunday in the Rather Hall lounge.

Witnesses and students involved in the incident said a group of 15 to 20 men, who some described as MSU football players, stormed into the dormitory and hit and injured about seven students, some of them women.

Brent Mitchell, a communication junior who said he was sent to Lansing’s Sparrow Hospital after being punched in the face, said some of the men wore ski masks, but others were recognized as football team members.

“I walked up and said, ‘It isn’t worth it.’ A guy with dreadlocks hit me and in the scuffle slapped, hit females to get them out of the way,” Mitchell said.

MSU police directed all questions regarding the incident to University Relations, which issued a statement saying police were investigating an altercation involving several people. MSU spokesman Terry Denbow said the fight involved multiple victims and suspects.

MSU associate athletics director John Lewandowski said questions about the incident should be directed to Denbow.

Denbow said he was not aware of any arrests and did not know further details about injuries sustained by those involved.

“Investigation is continuing,” he said. “I can’t go beyond that.”

He would not comment on whether the men involved were members of the football team.

“It’s always my policy not to identify people by any activity they are involved in,” he said. “You wouldn’t say members of debate team or Sigma Chi. It’s important to be consistent.”

Mitchell said members of his fraternity, Iota Phi Theta, had just finished a potluck event and were folding chairs in the lounge when the men entered. The men said they were looking for a man who had been involved in a spat with one of them the night before during an Iota Phi Theta event at The Small Planet, 16800 Chandler Road, Mitchell said.

Mitchell said he was struck after the men realized the person they sought wasn’t there. He said the altercation lasted for about a minute before the men left.

Mechanical engineering sophomore Andrew Green said he saw one of the men hit another student on his way out.

“He was coming downstairs and looked at him and punched him in the jaw,” Green said.

Journalism freshman Mitch Lex said he entered the lounge as police arrived. About eight police officers were in the lobby and blood was on the floor, Lex said. Before bystanders were asked to leave, Lex said he saw one injured man.

“There was some medic treating this kid sitting in lounge area,” he said. “It looked like he had a baseball in his cheek.”

Mitchell said, above all, he was upset the event symbolizing the end of a week of community service ended with violence.

“Physically, I’m okay,” he said. “But I’m just saddened that (the event) ended the way it did.”
    http://www.statenews.com/index.php/a...ll_altercation
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    and lol@Small Planet, ahh the mammaries...
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Report: Up to 20 Michigan State players 'stormed' dorm in bloody attack on students, including women. http://bit.ly/90pgKs
    I wonder if they were wearing their costumes from '300'?

Additionally, I’ve been told that there is video of the incident which could go a long way to determining if Michigan State football players were indeed involved.

UPDATE: The Detroit Free Press and Detroit News are now catching up to the story.
    This video needs to be found!
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glan
    I wonder if they were wearing their costumes from '300'?
    Awesome.

tonight we dine in hell?

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

I am on record saying any football player, basketball player, soccer player or any MSU athelete involved in this should be kicked off whatever team they are on. Period. No extenuating circumstances, no hard-luck childhood bullshit. Gone.
    www.university.com

injured glenn winston dismissed by the team. i have no idea how much i would pay for baker's take on this, but it would be substantial.

Quote Originally Posted by michigan's bukdow
    Lack of institutional control, anyone?

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    I agree with bukky?

Anyway... I hate pussy mentality like this. No way 20 guys were going there so 19 guys could make sure the 20th got a fair shot at the target. I would make a point about maybe the guy decked a girl or something in which case maybe a 3 guy beatdown would be understandable, but apparantly they don't care about that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly Inbred bukdow
    I am on record saying that if there are more than 21 football players involved in this, I'll run out of fingers to count them all. So I hope there are only 21 players involved in this. WAIT! I can use the puss bumps on my face to count more of them! Wow, thank Gourd my father and sister are my father and mother!
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

You Michigan Fucks! You assholes PAY your players and work them to death on the practice field and we're just supposed to ignore it but a few Sparty boys get a little out of hand and it's a scandal?? Go fuck yourselves!

+ Reply to Thread