+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Tigers trade/FA rumors

Dang...I don't want the Yanks to get Granderson. I could stomach a Grandy trade more if he went to the Cubs...

I agree. Grandy is my favorite player (along with Verlander). I hope he doesn't go there.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Makes no sense... there's others that should be dealt first... what are we gonna get better?
    Fuck the penny pinching BS

At this point, I don't see it as penny-pinching. The Tigers as well as 27 other teams in the MLB are in a system that doesn't work.

Right now, the Yankees are at a payroll of $240 million. They're all set to sign Matt Holiday and trade for Roy Halliday, adding another 30 million to that payroll. If it doesn't work out, fine, they just add more players at the end of the year. The Tigers (as well as other teams) made some acquisitions that didn't work out (yes some of them were stupid), but now they have to pay for them. They cannot continue operating at a high level. They gambled and lost, and now must cut back to try again in a couple years. The Yankees have bad contracts all the time, but they can just ignore those contracts because they have the revenue to do so.

Think of it this way: the Yankees have their own network and a stadium that nets them close to a billion dollars every season. How is anyone supposed to compete with that? The Yankees will be more than double the Red Sox in payroll, and almost triple every other team in baseball. Can you tell me how that's supposed to work?

I think we're witnessing the early stages of death of Major League Baseball. The national passtime has become a joke. Why should I or any other fan go to watch my team go play for third place?

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    If we can get Austin Jackson, I would glady give the Yankees Granderson. Jackson is going to be a Justin Upton like stud in the league.

Blog Entries
    Rumored three way...

ARI gets - Edwin Jackson, Ian Kennedy

NYY gets - Curtis Granderson

DET gets - Austin Jackson, Max Scherzer, Phil Coke, Michael Dunn

Now I would love this deal. Put Wilkin Ramirez in center until A-Jax is ready and Scherzer is a stud. Coke is a young, solid relief arm who could replace Lyon and Dunn is just AAA fodder.

Blog Entries
    Not to defend the Yankees, but they are letting about 6 of their own free agents walk away this year. I think they're looking to change the mix more than add to what they had.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    I wish the Tigs would just spend like $10 mill on "buy-low" guys like Chien-Ming Wang, J.J. Putz, Justin Duchscherer, Randy Winn, Garret Anderson, Jermaine Dye, Kiko Calero, Scott Eyre...

I mean there are tons of guys out there who could contribute, but it never seems like were actively looking to sign any of them.

Blog Entries
    And I wish we would've signed Bobby Crosby instead of Adam Everett. Crosby has far more upside and was desperate for a change of scenery from that hitters hell-hole in Oakland.

Blog Entries
    I need to stop venting. With every "What could have been..." I only grow more upset.

+ Reply to Thread