+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OT: Bstein14 Lives!!!

OT: Bstein14 Lives!!!

I was bored and went to Real GM for a look.

And there is a thread about my old friend/enemy bstein opening his own business. It's a video game store:

Quote Originally Posted by bstein14
    Well I just signed the lease. My address will be...

GAME ON
    5691 Bay Rd
    Saginaw, MI 48604

Right across the road from Sam's Club/Walmart and next to Famous Dave's BBQ.

Hoping for a grand opening date of Saturday November 1st but I've got a ton of crap to get together before then.

Registered in my county to do business under the assumed name GAME ON.

I will be in a 2,000 square ft building, but as of day one I'll only be using the first 1,200 sq ft.

I bought out a video rental store's shevling for $1100 and all the display cases/checkout counter/wall displays of a 1,500 sq ft cell phone store for another $1500.

I've got about 1,500 Video Games and DVDs and 10 systems at the moment but will try to nearly double that before opening.

Bought a very nice Computer POS system with touchscreen, USB Barcode printer, Microsoft Dynamics POS Software, all the credit card processing hardware, etc on for only $1000.

Still have to make a lot of decisions on things such as pricing. What % should I pay in cash and what % should I give in trade compared to my asking price on a game.

For Example, if I sell a game for $29.99 what should I pay in cash and what should I give in trade?

I'm pricing all my Wii, PS3, and Xbox 360 games 10-30% less than gamestop.

Also, I bought a disc repair machine that works great and will charge either $1.49 or $1.99 to repair discs for customers.

Need to still decide on hours... I'll be working their 7 days a week until at least until Christmas.

And what about return policy... cash or store credit only?... how many days? I want to provide great customer service but I'm worried that people will abuse it and use me as a free game rental place if I constantly allow returns/exchanges.

Right now I'm pricing out signs(preferably Channel Letter LED lighting), insurance... moving truck to actually get everything in store tues or wed next week, etc.

Any advice or suggestions on everything is still appreciated, I will throw up some pictures in a few days.
    Any of you live/go past that address?

I was wondering how the thing was going but I ain't logging in and posting on Real GM.

Fuck that.

While there I noticed some old dudes still posting.

They have their own Uncle Mxy! How weird is that?

Piston Pete is still the king of trades lol - he posted like 8 Rip trades to start a thread. That shit never gets old.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

I remember that, I think he posted something about it here too.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    I remember that we asked him to be the mod of the NBA forum and he said he'd be happy to do it once he got back from working at Cedar Point for the summer. And then he never came back, lol.

IIRC, his girlfriend used to post here too, which may or may not be related to him leaving here.
    Find a new slant.

I drive by this "Game On" store weekly. Have not stopped in to check it out yet. Looks legit, down by SVSU campus.
    I want Michigan State to win every game they play, except Michigan.

+ Reply to Thread