Stuckey
    Gordon
    Rip
    Tay
    Big Ben

?
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    What might make more sense (assuming that Bynum is glued to the bench still)...

Gordon
    Rip
    Stuckey
    Tay
    Ben

It's the lesser of evils kinda thing, I suppose.
    Find a new slant.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I'd expect whoever comes back first gets Jerebko's slot.

If we settle for Prince at PF again I'll just go ahead turn the tube off for the 09/10 season.

Ben
    CV
    Prince
    Rip
    Stuckey

Super subs are what they were b4.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, Prince playing PF with a bad back doesn't sound all that hot.
    Find a new slant.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Why wouldn't Gordon come off the bench as usual when bth guys are back? Honestly the bench needs him to take pressure off Bynum for scoring.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Why wait for the old dudes to return before we change the line-up?

We need more scoring options on the floor. I understand the "need" to set a defensive tone to start the game and that's why Jerebko is in there but when the D starts to swarm Coach has got to pull the plug on that shit.

You can't allow teams to constantly leave guys open - knowing that they won't have to pay a price.

We've got Wilcox, Daye, Summers and Bynum on the bench that should be instructed to be aggressive with the ball when they're in the game. The problem with Bynum is that his points are scored basically in isolations, so a jump shooter is probably what we really need.

That's Daye's strength, isn't it? Dude's a shooter. Summers can hit long J's too. Use these guys. I'd rather go down swinging than just continue to cop it on the chin every fucking night and not change it up.

I don't know if I'm correct (can only tell so much from highlights) but it seems teams are making the big adjustment at half time and swarming our guards in the 3rd. Maybe changing the line-up to start the 3rd quarter would help?

Options:

Ben, Nova, Daye, BG, Stuckey
    Ben, Nova, Stuckey, BG, Bynum (Shock! Horror! Awe!)
    Ben, Nova, Summers, BG, Stuckey
    Ben, Wilcox, Nova, BG, Stuckey

I don't give a fuck who starts the game or the 3rd but we need another dude on the floor that is gonna be aggressive with the ball. I'd be inclined to take a chance on Daye or Summers and just tell them to get ready to launch it when you have the chance.

It might blow up in my face but if they are launching shots (and hitting some) it might cause the D to stop this swarming shit and open things up for BG to get some space.

And that's all he needs.

I won't say he's been worth every penny but it's pretty fucking close. And Nova seems to be on a roll, too. I expected Niva to start slowly due to missing pre-season but he's really picked it up.

Credit to Joe...
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

The starting lineup will be:

Stuckey
    Rip
    Prince
    CharlieV
    BigBen

And Jerebko will start in Prince's place when Rip comes back. Gordon will come off the bench when Rip comes back.

The bigger question is who willl play in crunch time when Rip and Tay come back, since the lineup above will start.

Cunch time is likely to be:

Big Ben
    Nova
    Prince
    Rip
    Gordon
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh
    Cunch time is likely to be:

Big Ben
    Nova
    Prince
    Rip
    Gordon
    I don't know what Q is gonna do, but I just can't see that working. No one there can reasonably initiate an offense. Stuckey/Bynum aren't great at it, but better than anyone in that group. Plus, you don't want any of them trying to break down a defense once the play has broken down (which it does A LOT in this one-on-one type of system. Gordon will settle for a 20 footer. Rip will turn it over. Tay will dribble with his back to the basket for the entire shot clock.

As bad as they can be, Stuckey and Bynum can at least get into the paint when things get sticky. Even if they're just chucking it toward the rim, it moves the D, and gives a shot at an offensive board.

As for starters:

PG- Stuckey (or Bynum, don't care)
    SG- Rip
    SF- Prince
    PF- CV
    C- Ben

Better yet: Trade Rip and/or Tay before they come back.
    Last edited by FP22; 11-21-2009 at 09:16 AM.

+ Reply to Thread