+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 31
FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009/10 NBA Trade Rumors

What about RIP and Anthony Randolph to Minny, Jefferson and Maggs here, Daye and Max to GSW?

Would GSW do that to rid themselves of Magg's contract? If not they could acquire the rights to Rubio for a protected first rounder. He's taller and would fit with Ellis and Curry who are both scoring guards.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Jefferson would have to be pretty untradeable though, right?

I seriously doubt Jefferson or Love are really available.

I wouldn't be surprised if Minny is throwing this out there to see what kind of offers they get for either guy.

IF they get an awesome proposal they'd make the deal - but I don't think they'll actually get an awesome proposal...

And so it goes, so it goes, who the fuck really knows?
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

According to Hoopshype, Caron Butler is on the table for Camby...

Do we have any pieces to get Butler? IF he is available, then I'd love to see him in Pistons colours.

Prince would be the guy to ship for Butler - and give Flip a good soldier.

I can't see Tayshaun trashing Flip behind his back - he doesn't seem like the type.

But Butler doesn't really do much for us.

We either need a legit PG or a legit PF/C type and while we have pieces that should be attractive to a number of teams I seriously doubt Joe Dumars is heating up the phone lines.

I'm guessing he's waiting to see how this streak shakes out before he does anything.

Butler doesn't fill a hole, but he is an upgrade.

Is the upgrade worth trading what could be our most valuable asset?

Or would you prefer we use that asset to fill a major hole?

I have no drama dealing Tayshaun. Jerebko can go back to starting at SF or we can put Daye or even Rip there for all I care.

Whomever we get for Tay would start at PF (Big Ben at C).

Good point, but wouldn't Butler (being an upgrade) be a more valuable trading asset?
    I guess it depends what Washington is looking for, maybe a 3way with another team (although noone seems to know what PF to trade for...)

Butler would be an asset, but you couldn't ship him out before the deadline unless he went alone (or something like that. There's a weird rule about trading for a dude then trading him so quickly)

I came up with a list of bigs we may be able to trade for, though it's just my opinion and I came up with it working off these 3 questions:

1 - who would Joe be willing to trade?
    2 - who is rumoured to actually be available (Okafor, Dalembert/Brand)?
    3 - who might be up for grabs with Joe's package

Then I went through all 29 teams:

(Might be) Available list =

Tyson Chandler
    Brad Miller or Tyrus Thomas
    Zydrunas Illguaskas
    Andreas Biedrins
    Troy Murphy or Jeff Foster
    Marcus Camby (I doubt Kaman could be had)
    Zach Randolph
    Emeka Okafor
    Eddy Curry, Jared Jeffries lol
    Elton Brand or Samuel Dalembert
    Andreas Nocioni and Kenny Thomas
    Chris Bosh (maybe)
    Carlos Boozer
    Entire Washington Wizards team lol

It's not exactly an all-star crew but there are some quality guys on there that we could actually land for Prince and/or Rip and pieces.

Blog Entries
    Vecsey's at it again. Kobe, Gasol & Bosh? Holy Fuck.

A Lakers source told me the team had its sights set high, as usual, and planned to target the possible acquisition of Chris Bosh when it got closer to the 3 p.m. Feb. 18 trade deadline, and the Raptors might be more likely to move their Olympian/All-Star while still entitled to compensation.

It commonly is believed Bosh almost certain is to flee Toronto after this season, when he has the right to opt out of the final year ($17.1 million) of his contract.

My source believes the Lakers will offer Andrew Bynum for Bosh (if they haven’t done so already) well before the deadline expires. In itself, the one-for-one swap is impossible to make. Bynum’s “base year” essentially allows L.A. to take back but half of his salary this year ($12.5M). Of course, that restriction is lifted when next year’s salary ($13.7M) activates come July 1, at which time a sign-and-trade transaction would be feasible.

The possibility of such a deal makes sense to me. First of all, Bynum is a legit starting center for the defending champions. He also has three years left on his contract after this one.

As for the Raptors, despite the severe offseason roster renovation, they’re not giving any indication of being more than just a one-and-done playoff group this season and in the foreseeable future.

What’s Bosh’s motivation to stay? Clearly, management’s sense of urgency to protect its principal asset cannot be accentuated enough. If that’s impractical, the organization cannot afford to lose Bosh without receiving equitable compensation.

Asked by e-mail about all of the above and whether the Raptors and Lakers have discussed a Bosh-Bynum proposal, team president Bryan Colangelo, who surely is being contacted on a daily basis regarding the availability of his franchise player — especially when the team was 11-17 — he replied in kind:

“For the record, I am not actively seeking a deal or discussing Bosh with any team, much less the Lakers.

“I haven’t traded him yet and our position has been the same. We will not make a deal just to make a deal. Our intention is to keep him here long term.

“Additionally, I have not yet offered an extension as Dwyane Wade and LeBron James both received [from their respective teams]. So technically he has not said no.

“I honestly don’t think C.B. knows what the future holds, or what he wants to do, so I would say we’re still in the game as far as his pending free agency.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...#ixzz0cDpyHyP8
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread