+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 31
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009/10 NBA Trade Rumors

Blog Entries
    Great stuff from Stein this morning, including this.

Read the whole thing if you have the time: http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...er-if-thats-ok

An assumption in circulation all season held that Detroit would try to move Rip Hamilton before any other Piston because there isn't enough room in one rotation for Rip, Ben Gordon and Rodney Stuckey.

The reality is that Tayshaun Prince would appear to be the most likely of Detroit's championship holdovers to be dealt first, since Prince possesses the more cap-friendly contract.

Only one season remains on Prince's deal after this season at $11.1 million. The Pistons, furthermore, also have a few young guys they like (Austin Daye, Jonas Jerebko and DaJuan Summers) who can play some 3.

Matters are complicated by the fact that injuries have limited both Piston mainstays to nine games each this season. But it's clear that the Pistons have to make a move for a true point guard or a dependable big man ... not necessarily to bust out of this 12-game losing streak but for their long-term future.

"I know there are a lot of conversations going on," one source said. "I'm sure Tay's in play."
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Thunder looking to make smaller deals?

A major acquisition would take away playing time from the Thunder’s young players. The Thunder already doesn’t have enough minutes for D.J. White, Byron Mullens or Kyle Weaver. But that doesn’t mean the Thunder won’t deal a player before the deadline passes. Smaller deals still can be consummated. And, more than any other team, the Thunder is in a great position to pilfer an elite player if the right package is presented. The Thunder has additional assets in two first-round picks, along with expiring contracts to offer as opposed to outright talent. With a handful of franchises annually seeking to creep below the luxury tax threshold, and a few still clearing cap space for the 2010 free agent class, Oklahoma City could find a team willing to give away a big-time talent solely for financial reasons.

Last edited by Glenn; 01-11-2010 at 10:09 AM.
    Find a new slant.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    i still doubt we can get a good starting 5 for Tay&Kwame or sth like that...i believe it when i see it

You probably can't get a good quality starting C for Tay and Kwame but if you threw in Stuckey and Daye you could probably land a very good starting C.

And if you ain't willing to do that then you're fucking crazy.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

I'd deal Stuckey and any other player on our roster for Al Jefferson. I'd visit that possiblity first.

After that, I'd see if I could land a halfway decent PG.

you could probably get Calderon, Hinrich, Ridinour and a host of other decent but not great PG's for not that much (probably just expirings).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I don't think they really need a great PG. Just something to get them through the season.

One above average big man and one average PG. That's my wish list for the trade deadline.

Hinrich and Ridinour. If this was 06 I'd be psych'ed.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    I don't think they really need a great PG. Just something to get them through the season.

One above average big man and one average PG. That's my wish list for the trade deadline.

Why would you use any trade asset to try and get better for just this season?

This season is over. The focus should be on finding pieces for the next run at being a contender.
    Find a new slant.

who said anything about that?

Those would be pieces for next season.

+ Reply to Thread