+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 31
FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009/10 NBA Trade Rumors

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ.com
    Eduardo Najera arrived in New Jersey as the Nets’ top free-agent acquisition in the summer of 2008, and because of a hideous run of injuries — including one that required surgery on his abdomen — he has played a grand total of 523 minutes.

Sean Williams was promoted as the steal of the 2007 draft, drifting all the way down to the Nets at No. 17 despite being the best athlete at his position. And in 2½ years, his dysfunctional marriage with NBA life has justified all those reasons he fell to No. 17 in the first place.

With one easy stroke, the Nets are going to erase those two glaring roster mistakes Sunday, when they send Najera to Dallas for Kris Humphries and waive Williams so they can acquire another lost soul with a familiar name, forward Shawne Williams.

Both moves were nearing completion Saturday, but according to someone close to the negotiations who is not authorized to speak on the moves, it had yet to get full sign-off from incoming Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov. That is expected to be a formality. Combined with the Rafer Alston jettison Tuesday, this is essentially a cap-neutral deal, and just another step in the purge of 2009-10.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    WOTS is the Twolves offered the Pacers Al Jefferson for Danny Granger. (offer declined)
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh
    Tyson Chandler
    Brad Miller or Tyrus Thomas
    Zydrunas Illguaskas
    Andreas Biedrins
    Troy Murphy or Jeff Foster
    Marcus Camby (I doubt Kaman could be had)
    Zach Randolph
    Emeka Okafor
    Eddy Curry, Jared Jeffries lol
    Elton Brand or Samuel Dalembert
    Andreas Nocioni and Kenny Thomas
    Chris Bosh (maybe)
    Carlos Boozer
    Entire Washington Wizards team lol
    The only one I really like there is Biedrins, but I say this having never seen him play - only from what I hear about him. Be interesting to see how he comes back from his injury.

Okafor, Dalembert and Chandler would all be nice, but theyre just too expensive for what they bring, and someone with more offensive potential would be nice.

LAX:

On that list I'd say Okafor is at the top.

I gotta be realistic - Chris Bosh will not be a Piston by the deadline.

After Okafor I'd probably go with Brand, then try to get Camby by offering Prince. I think the Clips are in a bit of a weird situation. They have some quality talent and also have this huge trade chip to possibly add a guy that could push them into the playoffs.

Do they deal him and try for the playoffs next season, or do they save the coin and just let him walk?

So, it's Okafor, Brand, Camby and then maybe Biedrins/Dalembert for me.

IF we deal for Dalembert I'd prefer we dealt Rip, since Sammy's contract expires at the same time Tay's does. Same goes for Tyson Chandler.

IF we deal for a big with a longer contract (Okafor, Brand, Biedrins) I'd prefer we part with Prince since our core would be the Big, Rip, Nova and BG. We'd be capped out, but at least you have your building blocks in place and are just chasing role players (if all goes well)

It's all well and good to trade for any quality big man, but you gotta think about the future, too.

Do you ever think about the future, Marty?
    Last edited by Pharaoh; 01-11-2010 at 04:48 AM.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    Since the Twolves struck out with Jefferson for Granger, any chance they would want Stuckey or anything else from us?

Take anything.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Because I'd be fine keeping Rip if we moved Stuckey, no way we get equal talent back in a Rip trade anyway.
    Find a new slant.

GD, if Joe hasn't made the phone call by now someone needs to fucking remind him his phone does actually work.

They can have whatever the fuck they want, though I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted Stuckey, Daye and Kwame as the package (if that could get us Jefferson then I'd cream my pants)
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    That would fix a lot of problems.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Then we could use the MLE on either a starting PG or another big, Mrs. D willing, of course.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread