+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The WTF Official 2010 NBA Draft Watch

Unless we gave up RIP and Max for Zach we'd be in cap hell for 3 years. I don't remember seeing any actual Randolph trade ideas on here.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

right now we're in line for the #6 pick and are 'rising' (getting closer to an even higher pick) with each game. after tonight's loss we'll be in line for #4 or so.

the season isn't even halfway done but i think we will be in line for about the #5 pick or so. hoping we get lucky and win the lottery.

john wall is the type of franchise player we desperately need. true, we need a big, but i don't care who we have at PG- if you have a shot at john wall, you take him.

worry about the depth chart later. maybe we make a trade to balance things out more. but wall is the best PG i've seen in the last 15 years or more.

it's going to take a while to turn this team around so we need the BPA and he would be it. by far. i'll be rooting for the development of our young guys but i can't help but hope we keep piling up the losses. we badly need a high pick.

The higher the pick the more valuable it is in a trade and I'm on record as saying it's better to be in the Lotto than be spanked as the #8 seed.

The only time it's worth being the #8 seed is if you're team is rising and it's the beginning of your run. IF we were to be the #8 seed I seriously doubt anyone here would ever claim that it's the "beginning".

Last season wasn't the end & it wasn't the beginning, it wasn't even the beginning of the end. It was the end of the beginning.

Now Joe has "started" again and this is actually Season 1 of his "new" Pistons.

In order to help the rebuilding phase we should all be hoping for the Lottery. That pick could help us move Rip out of town. Or get us the quality big we lack.

Either way a higher pick is damn essential at this point.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

What do you guys think of Cousins (haven't seen him play at all). He's 6'11 and very skilled. The knock on him is his desire. He's slid on the draft board lately. I'm just not sure I see Davis or Favors able to play the 5 spot when they are listed at 215 right now. Other than Aldrich is there another possible starting center in the lotto?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    What do you guys think of Cousins (haven't seen him play at all). He's 6'11 and very skilled. The knock on him is his desire. He's slid on the draft board lately. I'm just not sure I see Davis or Favors able to play the 5 spot when they are listed at 215 right now. Other than Aldrich is there another possible starting center in the lotto?
    Favors could on the right team.

I see him listed at 245 on NBADraft.net

That's a big difference. Prince is only 215. Big Ben and Wilcox are 240 and 235 respectively. Bosh is 230, Amare 249, Dyess 245.

At 245 I could could see him playing C. At 215 there is no way.

He could use a little more beef (high school picture), but he doesn't look 215 here:

Him at GT:
    Click the image to view the full version
    The image above has been resized. Click on it to see the full version.

Artsiom Parakhouski is my pick for a good late pickup. Going with my theory of good rebounders and cool names.

Blog Entries
    What do you college ball fans think about Hassan Whiteside?

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/hassan-whiteside
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Check out the dunk at about :35 in that video.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    I caught about 20 minutes of the KU game, what did you guys think of Aldrich?

His numbers weren't great, but he's not as lumbering as he looks like he might be, and he can take up space in the paint and block some shots, for sure. Pretty decent moves and touch around the rim , too.

If he's the worst we end up with, I think I'll be okay with that.

He looks like he could be an average NBA center, at worst, to me. I highly doubt he's a bust.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread