+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trading Kwame Brown

Trading Kwame Brown

So, I was bored and sat down to work out our roster for next season.

I came up with this:

C Ben Wallace - likely gonna be re-signed - dude still has it
    PF Super Nova
    SF Tay Prince
    SG Rip Hamilton
    PG Rodney Stuckey
    06 Ben Gordon
    07 Jonas Jerebko
    08 Will Bynum - is restricted this off-season so we'll keep him
    09 Austin Daye
    10 Chris Wilcox
    11 Jason Maxiell
    12 DaJuan Summers
    13 2010 First Round Pick (hopefully a C)
    14 2010 Second Round Pick

So that means that Kwame and Chucky won't be back.

Why let a $4 million expiring deal just come off the books when cap space is so coveted this coming off-season?

We have the ability to deal him before the deadline and acquire another young player, or a longer contract along with a future first round pick.

Would you be willing to deal Kwame for a longer contract and a pick?

What kind of deals could be out there for us if we put Kwame on the trading block?
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh
    Why let a $4 million expiring deal just come off the books when cap space is so coveted this coming off-season?
    Quote Originally Posted by Langlois
    So Joe can use the MLE this offseason while retaining the flexabilty under the cap that allows for him to make a big deal if one lands in his lap. Forward thinking like this is what makes Joe so great.

Don't get me started on that stuff Herm.

We're way under the luxury tax and could afford to take back a similar contract for Kwame while still using the MLE and remaining under the luxury tax.

We'd be able to add (in theory) 2 decent players instead of 1

Blog Entries
    I like Keith Hermlois' response here.
    Find a new slant.

I could actually see that being the response if someone posed that question.

It would be. As much as we railed Old Man Davidson for being cheap, his wife is worse. She applauded at how much the cap came down so Joe couldn't spend as much.

Let me repeat that. She was happy that we could not acquire more or better players with the first cap space we had in 10 years. She was happy Joe was limited in his ability to improve the team. Sounds like someone ready to approve deals to add salary or, heaven forbid, set us up against the luxury wall then allow the resigning of key players to go over it.

Is there anyone in Detroit/Michigan that could/would buy the team if it was for sale?

Stryker? Kid Rock/Seger? I think the plan is for Marla to take over in time.

I agree with you P. If you can get a better player with a longer deal, do it.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Well, that would be the plan.

Or take a "bad" contract and get a pick out of it.

The worst contract I found was Miami's James Jones (I already posted that deal elswhere).

Since then I realised Miami actually has a massive trade exception. It's big enough for them to take Kwame. That doesn't help get them more cap space but if they send us their 2010 draft pick THAT saves them some space.

Cause even if they haven't signed the rookie come July 1st he'd still count against their cap.

I doubt they're looking to add a late Lotto/mid first rounder to that roster - unless they see someone great.

Aren't they trying to add a star (Boozer/Bosh/Amare)? They'll need all the space they can get.

There are a lot of teams that would want the cap relief from Kwame's expiring. We should really explore all our options before the deadline and get something for him.

+ Reply to Thread