1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rip's ankle injury

Blog Entries

Rip's ankle injury

Pistons' Richard Hamilton still limping, won't play against Bobcats

By Chris Iott
    November 09, 2009, 11:40PM
    MLive.com

AUBURN HILLS -- There is good news and bad news when it comes to Detroit Pistons guard Richard Hamilton's ankle injury.

The good news: He is walking better than before, Pistons coach John Kuester said.

The bad news: Hamilton still walks with a noticeable limp.

He walked with a severe limp as he made his way out of the practice gym Monday and will not play Wednesday when Detroit hosts the Charlotte Bobcats.

"He's still getting treatment," Kuester said. "He's walking better, so that's the good news."

Hamilton was injured in the Pistons' season opener at Memphis on Oct. 28.
    Find a new slant.

I must be really tired cause after reading this quote

The good news: He is walking better than before
    I thought our trainers must be good to correct someone's walk, especially after he's been walking that way for 30+ years

And it's only 8pm my time! Too many hours here/at work/not sleeping
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    At least this thread didn't get used to funnel his anger at Joe, yet.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

The question needs to be asked:

Do we need him?

I like the guy as much as anyone and he's a proven 20 point threat but him coming back changes a lot of stuff.

BG goes back to the bench, Bynum gets less minutes, offensive flow would be drastically different...

I'd like to see what the team can do with him, though. We had one game with him and the Pistons played fantastic. But our three guard rotation now is solid. I hope he can make the team more successful, because I'd really like to see his number in the rafters some day.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh
    The question needs to be asked:

Do we need him?

I like the guy as much as anyone and he's a proven 20 point threat but him coming back changes a lot of stuff.

BG goes back to the bench, Bynum gets less minutes, offensive flow would be drastically different...
    Yes we do need Rip. Ben and him are both better on offense with each other. It was proven against Memphis. Bynum Will still get plenty of minutes as will Gordon. Only thing that will happen other wise is Jerebko and Daye sharing less minutes.

Also I still like it when there isn't pressure on Gordon to score like there is now. He is more consistent when he's not called upon to carry more of the load. We gotta alot of actual tough games(alot tougher than bobcats minus Bell and Magic minus two stars) coming up and the sooner we get our starters back, the better imo.
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    I'd like to see what the team can do with him, though. We had one game with him and the Pistons played fantastic.
    Indeed, everything Gordon is doing one on one is cool, but when you get him and Rip coming off of screens at the same time, they've made us as a team look unstoppable.
    ^

I will be happy to see the team with Rip back, but I am happy to see the team forced to play the young guys and different combination as well. I HATE when coaches ride the single lineup or style they are sure about to the most wins they can get. You have to develop the team in more ways than just "what will get me the most regular season wins."
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    I will be happy to see the team with Rip back, but I am happy to see the team forced to play the young guys and different combination as well. I HATE when coaches ride the single lineup or style they are sure about to the most wins they can get. You have to develop the team in more ways than just "what will get me the most regular season wins."
    I agree, and I think it's one reason Phil Jackson (and Pop) gets so much credit as a Coach.

He'll play the end of the bench guys in different situations throughout the season to prepare them for the playoffs and shit.

That's how you develop players and help them with their confidence. There's only so much you can teach/learn in practice.

And I think with Rip back we'll be a lot better, and we could see some freaky line-ups too.

Maybe a Jerebko, Nova, Rip, BG, Stuckey line-up?

That would be interesting.

Jerebko is gonna be my favourite Piston by the end of the season, too

Jerebko is already my favorite Piston. Reminds me of watching a young Dennis Rodman. The guy has no elite basketball skills at all yet, but he just tries so fucking hard he makes shit happen out of pure effort.

If there were a defensive rookie award, he'd be the front runner right now by a mile.
    Last edited by Kstat; 11-12-2009 at 12:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread