+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Obamacare On The House Floor (Vote Today?)

Blog Entries

Obamacare On The House Floor (Vote Today?)

Normally, I wouldn't care about the House passing such a wasteful, (new CBO numbers project 3 trillion+) and partisan bill, because I would know that it will be the end of the Democratic-controlled Congress in 2010 (over 40 Dems in the House represent R+1+ Districts).

However, I find it very distrubing that there is fedral funded abortion in this thing. Although I consider myself "pro-life", I also have the realist view that it's highly unlikely that Roe v. Wade will ever be overturned (unless it were to be up to the people via a ballot proposal, which again is highly unlikely to ever happen)-- so that said, I know abortion will still take place in America for the coming decades, but under no circumstances should taxpayer dollars be used to fund the procedure.

There is no tort reform in this bill (since the ppl who write these things are lawyers) and the MediCare costs are pretty astounding.

I don't think Pelosi has the votes, but if she does, then there will be many "Blue Dogs" who will be out of a job next November. Especially when you consider Obamacare wouldn't start until 2014.

That's my opinion.

I saw a couple of blue dogs last night and they said 'no way, no how' if there is abortion dollars in the bill.

They were also kind of pissed cuz they were told the revisions were supposed to give them the language they wanted to make sure abortion wasn't in the bill. Again, they were a lil pissed that Pelosi told them it would have the language they wanted but she wouldn't do it.

The Repubs bill is 290 pages included Tort reform, allows competition across state lines and the cost isn't anything anywhere near the Dems spending debacle.

It seems the Gov't could start there and if we needed to do more later, do it. Especially since Obama is spending our childrens futures away with all his other crap. Crap that the Reps voted for in a lot of cases.
    Players meeting my ASS!

What kind of abortions are they covering? Like "on demand" or "life of mother" or in between?

I don't know that Herm. I just assumed it was most all abortions.
    Players meeting my ASS!

If this thing is passed, then I'm moving to Japan for a few years/as long as it takes for them to revoke it as a JET and filling my days with squint-eyed poon.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Peace, hopefully they'll give you a conservative palace and get knee deep in oil wars to give you a lil' slice of what you consider to be paradise. And please take Willy with you, some culture shock would do his narrow mind some good.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dynamite
    Peace, hopefully they'll give you a conservative palace and get knee deep in oil wars to give you a lil' slice of what you consider to be paradise. And please take Willy with you, some culture shock would do his narrow mind some good.
    I'm a silver spoon with excellent health benefits from my parents, man.

Can you blame me?

Besides, I can't even trust the government to properly deliver me my mail.

Why in the hell should I believe they'll be able to run a health-care system?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoopy

Why in the hell should I believe they'll be able to run a health-care system?

To be fair, my mail service is much better than my healthcare, and I have Cadillac health care.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopy
    Define "properly". Is your mail properly delivered if it doesn't come with a blowjob from a hottie fe-mail delivery agent??

+ Reply to Thread