+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 30
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Rondo.

I think that he can be abused in a post up situation.

Look, the kid is fucking great in Boston.

I'm looking at it and wonder what he could do elsewhere on a normal team.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    The playoff numbers were compiled with what was a different team. Big Baby in place of KG? Oh, and while you are at it, how about you defend Derrick Rose on the other end? I would say that he passed that test.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Rondo told CP3, "I've got a ring, and you're never gonna get one".

Yahoo! NBA page has the story.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    He loves when he gets to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Glan
    The playoff numbers were compiled with what was a different team. Big Baby in place of KG? Oh, and while you are at it, how about you defend Derrick Rose on the other end? I would say that he passed that test.
    Different in that Glen Davis was in the KG spot but same as in Pierce, Ray Allen, that system, Coach etc.

And when I say he is undersized and not strong enough/can be abused in a post up you come back with Rose?

Did Rose attempt to post Rondo often?

Fuck!

I don't think Rondo is all that great. I think he's pretty good. That's my opinion. Until I see him play with a different cast I'm always gonna think the kid is very fortunate to play in Boston with the calibre of team mates he has.

You disagree? Great! Stats "prove" me wrong? Great?

The entire world can say that Rondo is great and it ain't gonna change my mind. I saw a lot of Rondo last playoffs. Didn't change my mind. Especially the Bulls series.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Rondo did much better than I would've expected without KG, and I'd take Chris Paul 11 times out of 10.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy
    Rondo did much better than I would've expected without KG, and I'd take Chris Paul 11 times out of 10.
    Seconded.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I don't think Celtics fans would take Rondo over Paul. Just like everyone should agree they'd take Rondo over Stuckey.
    STEW BEEF!

I'd rather have Lebron than CP, let's start a new thread.

Blog Entries
    Ainge Talks Rondo

Right up until the last minute it looked like the Boston Celtics and budding young star point guard Rajon Rondo might not get an extension done this season. There were issues on both sides, with Rondo's camp citing statements made in the press by the Celtics' brass about whether or not he could get on the same page with head coach Doc Rivers. Finally, however, cooler heads prevailed and the deal was consummated.

"We were all hopeful that we would get a deal done," Celtics GM Danny Ainge tells WEEI in Boston. "There's a lot of little things that have to be worked out in contract negotiations. If it didn't get worked out, I think both sides were fairly comfortable that we still had a bright future with one another going forward. I think it's better for this year and for the future to have a deal done with Rajon. He can concentrate on playing. I think it is a burden no matter what they say. I've been that player; I've seen players and played with a lot of guys that go through these negotiations. I've been around other teams and have watched them just in recent years when these things become issues and how for whatever reason players don't play as well as they're capable of playing and teams don't mesh or gel as well. So from that standpoint we were certainly trying to get a deal done."

When trade rumors surfaced this summer, a number of teams showed interest in acquiring Rondo, a factor that played heavily in Boston's desire to get a deal done now.

"I think a lot of the negotiations and what numbers we try to go to is based on trying to predict the future the best we can and the same on their perspective," explains Ainge. "We felt first of all that Rondo is young and he's getting better. He had a great training camp, he's improving on a lot of the areas that we discussed in the offseason, and I saw great signs from Rajon. Second of all there's a lot of money out there. There's a lot of teams that are preparing for the 2010 free agent market. And then third, this summer, as a lot of you are aware, with all the trade rumors, we discovered even though we weren't close to doing a deal for Rajon, we discovered that there is a great deal of interest in him. There are a lot of teams with cap-space and with money that have him high on their list, that would love to have him and add him to their team. I think all those things are factors of why we wanted to push this signing also."

Sometimes an extension can be a bad idea, especially for young players who might lose some of their motivation to improve when their contract is for a longer term. Ainge doesn't foresee this being an issue for Rondo.

"I have seen it on occasion, but I'm not worried about Rajon. He loves to play, he's a basketball junkie, he's a great competitor and I'm not worried about that at all. He's a kid that's very confident in himself and I think he's going to be better as a result of this contract as the pressure is relieved a little bit more. Even though there is some pressure for getting a new contract, I still think the burden of wondering and always thinking about it…it will help our team a lot to not have that burden."
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=14251
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread