+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Him

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    but again, the offense for as frustrating as its been, has been good. maybe great, with a true frosh qb and no bail out 5 star reciever to carry him like some of our qb's in the past.

the defense has been an absolute joke. why? barwis? maybe. lack of talent? definitly. but who's fault is that? how many teams are carried by frosh and sophs on defense? the scheme with spinners and quicks? maybe that too. cissoko sucking and ultimately losing scholarship probably wasnt what RR was hoping for, and god has that killed us.

whatever the d's problem, its huge, and clearly RR has been more focused on offense. maybe he was so focused (like everyone else) on his offensive system the d has gone been a second concern. how much input does he even put into the d? i know last year he decided to implement his system, and purdue lit us up, so maybe defense isnt exactly his thing.

but he atleast brought in a highly regarded coordinator this year. he doesnt have much choice but to recruit the D and offensive lines like crazy for 2011. so maybe the d gets better with time.

theres very little to like about RR's tenure so far. but dont kid yourself and think it cant get worse. nebraska and notre dame fans will tell you otherwise.

i dont love the offense, but the #s are good. i hate the defense, but i honestly cant blame RR entirely, since i dont really understand why its so bad, and dont think it got to this state overnight. plus, the defense cant stay this bad forever, just because no one stays this bad.
    This is such a steamimg pile of horse-shit excuse. I heard a guy on the morning sports radio show pointing out that the three recruiting classes prior to RR`s landing on Ann Arbor rock were all top ten. Moreover, almost all of the secondary players were top 20 nationally. RR has more talent on that team than Rita does in the sack, and that is saying something.

Seriously, trying to blame the utter implosion that is now UM football on lack of talent just makes you look like an even bigger douchebag.
    www.university.com

I think a freshman QB and a marginal OL are definate excuses for Rich Rod (there have been dozens of drives wasted by snap difficulties alone). I agree that the talent on defense is not an excuse (there is plenty there).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by bukdow
    This is such a steamimg pile of horse-shit excuse. I heard a guy on the morning sports radio show pointing out that the three recruiting classes prior to RR`s landing on Ann Arbor rock were all top ten. Moreover, almost all of the secondary players were top 20 nationally. RR has more talent on that team than Rita does in the sack, and that is saying something.

Seriously, trying to blame the utter implosion that is now UM football on lack of talent just makes you look like an even bigger douchebag.
    well, bukky, i was actually pointing out that the lack of success was due to a ed crappy defense, and suggested maybe talent was an issue. i dont particularly care about class rankings and national ratings. we've got walk ons starting, true freshmen starting, positions that are horribly thin.

lack of talent is pretty obvious. whether RR or the dc havent coached them up proper is another matter.

coach b diddy thinks it could help alot if next year will campbell can start next to mike martin. it'd give us more size in the front seven, and allow us to take one of the other less talented guys off the field. not sure if depth at dt will allow this, though.

bump?

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

I've pretty much said I'll I've needed to say. There's nothing I can say after today that hasn't been said already.

But I can't make a post in here without a frustration insult: Fuck you Rich Rod with your inept playcalling and serious case of mental retardation.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

complaining about the offense is like complaining that they chose the wrong style of wallpaper in the titanic... we moved the ball today pretty well against a good defense on a ranked team.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    complaining about the offense is like complaining that they chose the wrong style of wallpaper in the titanic... we moved the ball today pretty well against a good defense on a ranked team.
    Maybe you should root for some MAAC school, because for any legit big ten school that's not good enough. The offense was shitty if the opposing team had time to put up 45 points. No true ball control, playing from behind stat gimmicks? Richie Rod hasn't proven that he can control a game on offense, just rack up yards. You eat that garbage for breakfast if you must, don't require anyone else to blindly eat the turds Richie has been serving on a fake silver platter.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

i think michigan is stuck with rodriguez for another year. If they dump him after this year, they won't get a decent coach after having dumped rodriguez so quickly. Plus, they would probably end up with another weak defensive recruiting class and weaker offensive class. Might as well give him one more chance. I don't think rodriguez will ever be a successful coach at um. Good coaches' teams do not fall apart midseason like this one has. i think the team will make a bowl game next year, but i hope that he leaves either next year or the following in hopes that someone better can be found.
    "The moon is a light bulb breaking
    It'll go around with anyone
    But it won't come down for anyone"

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dynamite
    Maybe you should root for some MAAC school, because for any legit big ten school that's not good enough. The offense was shitty if the opposing team had time to put up 45 points. No true ball control, playing from behind stat gimmicks? Richie Rod hasn't proven that he can control a game on offense, just rack up yards. You eat that garbage for breakfast if you must, don't require anyone else to blindly eat the turds Richie has been serving on a fake silver platter.
    This is the problem with the spread offense or run 'n shoot or fun 'n gun or whatever hell else you want to call it. If you can't run the ball and control the clock you will have a very difficult time beating any above average team. Throw in a defense that plays horribly and you will generally lose 50-30. However, let me be clear, UM has way more than enough talent on defense to get the job done. The more I watch UM, the more it reminds me of MSU under JLS.
    www.university.com

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Though you have a reputation as an uppity douche ball licker, I mostly agree. Except sometimes your Defense is as good as your offense gives them a chance to be. If we were better at ball control, i think the defense would look somewhere closer to average. Also i think they are hampered by a 2nd rate coordinator who's a bum compared to the last few we've had.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

+ Reply to Thread