6 46.15%
  • Inbetween. ~.500 squad

1 7.69%
  • No.

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Are The Pistons Officially The Suck?

Are The Pistons Officially The Suck?

So we're two games into the season, or roughly 2.5%, and the Pistons are at 1-1 vs. the two youngest teams in the league.

Blog Entries
    Mary makes an appearance! Nice!

Also, we're a lottery team without a significant change.

Looks like sucking it up pretty good after last night. I think it is important to have RIP and Gordon in at the same time.

Blog Entries
    Just read Stein's power rankings on ESPN's NBA page. I think he lifted one of my posts from here.

Blog Entries
    Not to pick on your poll options, because that sucks, but I think we're looking at a just under .500 team (39 wins is my guess) which means the lottery. Can't choose between those two options.

Blog Entries
    so we'll be as good as last yr? (39 wins)...

I think I'll take that, given the roster.

Our success depends on how our frontcourt goes.

We all know our guards are gonna be fine over the course of the season. We're deep at both G positions and if someone gets injured we've got some cover.

But SF, PF and C are serious weaknesses. Let's be brutal here:

Prince has rookies backing him up if we don't use a 3 guard line-up.
    At C we have ZERO offense or ZERO defense, depending on who we put in the line-up.
    At PF Nova has struggled, which is to be expected after him not playing pre-season. But what about our other bigs? We have Wilcox, Maxiell, Kwame, Jerebko and maybe even Summer and Daye for short periods.

I really have to ask why we're getting so little production offensively from our frontline? Is it our offensive sets? Or are our frontline players just too fucking passive?
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

I'm ok with having zero offense at C.But we need scoring from the 4 and the 3 to offset that.

We're not getting production from Max and Kwame because they simply are not good enough. It's that simple.They cannot do the things this offense demands of them.

Wilcox could offer some offense at the 4, but he sucks defensively. That's a decision Q is going to have to make.

Jerebko isnt very offensively skilled, but he's providing some energy and he can at least finish at the rim.

Tayshaun isnt a good fit for this offense, because it doesnt allow for him to post up, which is about the only thing he can do well consistently. That said, he doesnt have to create his own offense in our starting lineup, because we have 3 quality offensive players.

Daye and Sumemrs havent played long enough to show what they can do. They need to be given the chance.

V I don't worry as much about, because he's a natural scorer, and he'll find his groove eventually. But as I said in another thread, when he has to sit down, things are going from bad to worse. We need a scoring forward off the bench.

I think going forward, our best options sans a trade will be to have Jerebko back up at the 4 and Daye or Summers back up the 3. Both of those guys can score, and theoretically are good fits in this offense.
    Last edited by Kstat; 10-31-2009 at 11:38 PM.

IMO:

Tay really needs to step up offensively, especially given his tenure. And now that we've got some back up for him he should make the fucking effort offensively.

As for back up at PF we should play Wilcox with Ben to cover for Willy's poor D
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Tay's issue is the offense really is based on dribble penetration on the perimeter, and Tay simply does not do that well. He can pick and pop all game long, but he's not going to get many scoring chances that way.

When he's tried to play a bigger part, he's gotten the ball ripped away from him. He just isnt that good a ballhandler to be taking guys off the dribble.

+ Reply to Thread