+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: OGT: MSU vs. Iowa 10/24/09

Obviously, a very disappointing loss. The personal foul call on Ware when he blew up the Iowa receiver was bullshit. It wasn`t dirty, it wasn`t a cheap-shot, it was football. Also, the no call on the fumble was huge. That would have been the game.

Nonetheless, MSU played a very good, physical game against a very good, physical opponent. If MSU continues to play that way the rest of the year, they will be fine.
    www.university.com

Quote Originally Posted by bukdow
    Obviously, a very disappointing loss. The personal foul call on Ware when he blew up the Iowa receiver was bullshit. It wasn`t dirty, it wasn`t a cheap-shot, it was football. Also, the no call on the fumble was huge. That would have been the game.

Nonetheless, MSU played a very good, physical game against a very good, physical opponent. If MSU continues to play that way the rest of the year, they will be fine.
    I don't like the rule, but helmet to helmet contact is an automatic 15. If you watch the replay he clearly hits the receiver with his helmet. And the fumble, didn't Iowa recover it anyway? I didn't see any Spartans signalling the other direction, or MD challenging and getting pissed. Maybe I missed something.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Blog Entries
    I bet Doc Tre enjoyed the hit.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    I don't like the rule, but helmet to helmet contact is an automatic 15. If you watch the replay he clearly hits the receiver with his helmet. And the fumble, didn't Iowa recover it anyway? I didn't see any Spartans signalling the other direction, or MD challenging and getting pissed. Maybe I missed something.
    I believe the rule regarding helmet-to-helmet is if the receiver is unprotected. The receiver knew Ware was going to hit him because Stanzi took so long to get the ball to him.

As far as the fumble, I believe an MSU player did land on it and Dantonio called a timeout hoping the refs would take a second look.
    www.university.com

Blog Entries
    I fell asleep at halftime and didn't catch the rest of the game, but it seemed like a pretty good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Glan
    +5
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Glan
    Who?

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

It has taken me a long time to get over this one. I have run the complete spectrum of emotions from anger, hurt, frustration, more anger, disappointment, and suddenly today I just feel better.

Why? Cause I like to make excuses for our players and coaches. We won a lot of close games last year and sometimes it doesn't go your way. We blew the game plain and simple.

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

+ Reply to Thread