+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: OGT: MSU vs. Iowa 10/24/09

OGT: MSU vs. Iowa 10/24/09

Big game for both teams. If Iowa wins, they pretty much win the BigTen. If MSU wins, The Big Ten race is between MSU, OSU, Iowa and PSU and could hinge on the PSU vs. MSU game at the end of the year.

Iowa is pretty solid. Although, UM did better against them than I thought they would. MSU has been playing a lot better on both sides of the ball, but injuries are very close to being a concern.

Considering this game is in EL, I`ll give MSU the edge and say, MSU 24 Iowa 23.
    www.university.com

Iowa would still have OSU left (in Columbus BTW). Even if they beat MSU they can be edged out by OSU for the big ten title based on head to head.

I agree it's huge in the race, but doesn't secure anything. It would set MSU up for a big ten win in their last game with PSU though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bukdow
    Considering this game is in EL, I`ll give MSU the edge and say, MSU 24 Iowa 23.
    I'd like to know what you have seen from MSU this year that would suggest they would beat Iowa.

I don't think Iowa is as great as their ranking, but they are certainly a better football team than Michigan St.

I think Iowa wins 21-10.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfredo Ledezma
    I'd like to know what you have seen from MSU this year that would suggest they would beat Iowa.

I don't think Iowa is as great as their ranking, but they are certainly a better football team than Michigan St.

I think Iowa wins 21-10.
    The defensive line is playing much better. It is putting pressure on the QB (which helps the secondary) and has been very effective against the run.

MSU`s running game has solidied itself mainly due to the offensive line having a consistent group due to key players coming back from injury and some players emerging. Add in the fact the game is in EL and I think MSU has a good chance of winning.

I mean come on, UM nearly beat Iowa at Iowa and MSU beat UM`s ass soundly (28 yards rushing on 28 attempts) until the last 5 minutes. If MSU controls Iowa`s running game like it did UM`s, I don`t think Stanzi can carry the load.
    www.university.com

Blog Entries
    I think it's very winnable for MSU at home.

Iowa might be a bit of a fraud, if you ask me.
    Find a new slant.

I saw the Iowa vs Penn State game. They did almost nothing in the first half but eventually PSU's turnovers forced them to win. The defense played well, but Iowa's offense was nothing special.

They looked better against Michigan (dominated Michigan's OL), but they aren't unbeatable. I think MSU can do it as long as their OL wins the battle up front. Since I haven't seen an MSU game besides the Michigan one I don't really have an idea how that will unfold.

Quote Originally Posted by Glan
    I think it's very winnable for MSU at home.

Iowa might be a bit of a fraud, if you ask me.
    I still don't know if MSU is a fraud, though. They beat Michigan (who is still average at best) but have played the two worst teams in the B10 since then. I think we'll learn a lot more about MSU this weekend. A win, and they're back to being the team that can contend for the conference title. A loss, and they still might only be a middle of the road team.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    I guess you could say that it all depends if their defense shows up or not.
    Find a new slant.

is a grant application typically 3 weeks of work, or more of a week by week deal?

just want to know incase bukky mysteriously disapears again

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    is a grant application typically 3 weeks of work, or more of a week by week deal?

just want to know incase bukky mysteriously disapears again
    Well, I do have to get started on another for the EPA. I`ll give you a hint, it has to do with the pyrolysis of plant material.
    www.university.com

+ Reply to Thread