View Poll Results: Will Rush be allowed to buy a team?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 14.29%
  • No

6 85.71%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rush Limbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by UxKa
    He has a widely publicized negative viewpoint on black QBs, which is why he couldn't even hold a MNF job. Why would they want him in as a partial owner?
    Post it/them.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Mark Cuban made a pretty cogent argument why they'd be crazy to let Rush in.

It pretty much boiled down Rush stirs shit up for a living and every time he sits down in front of the mic the NFL would risk being dragged into some political firestorm. Not a problem for Rush, it's how he makes his living, but an all around losing proposition for the NFL.

But Bill Romanowski and Michael Vick and Michael Irvin are ok? They say/do shit too.
    Players meeting my ASS!

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    Post it/them.
    It's hard to even justify finding the quotes and news stories if you don't remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    But Bill Romanowski and Michael Vick and Michael Irvin are ok? They say/do shit too.
    The owner's club is an entirely different world from the help and yes, everyone who's not an owner is the help.

Quote Originally Posted by UxKa
    It's hard to even justify finding the quotes and news stories if you don't remember it.
    I was just going to match the quotes to your accusation. Thats all.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I agree with Tahoe.(That's a first in this forum) I think Limbaugh is an asshole and slightly evil and I would never listen to his show, but I don't see why he should be blackballed from the NFL. Players say worse shit than him on a daily basis. I understand the argument that players have skill and that's what people pay to watch, but Rush has money and that's how people get to watch it.

Why is Michael Vick allowed in the league? He did much worse than anything Limbaugh has ever done. Pac-Man? He was given multiple chances and still couldn't make it. Matt Jones? The coke-head is back in the league now.

Rush said something that could be construed as racist. Players say racist shit every day. I think the double standard is atrocious. In the NBA, Charles Barkley gets away with saying racist things about white people every day, but there's a double standard with him as well. I actually find Barkley funny, so I just roll my eyes when he says his racist mumbo jumbo.

Final thought: if Jesse Jackson wanted to get an NFL team, would he be blackballed? Would Al Sharpton? Because while Rush says things that might be racist, those two say things that ARE racist every day, but they're acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

I messed up in the poll by the way. I think he should, but I don't think he will.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    To me, it's analogous to Augusta National not wanting/allowing female members. They can choose whomever they want to include or exclude, apparently.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    And I wouldn't sweat this too much if you are actually sympathetic to Limbaugh and his ability to be a part owner. If he really wants a piece of a team, I think all he has to to is buy into an existing ownership group, ala Marc Anthony, the Williams sisters, Gloria Estefan, etc.

My impression is that the problem he's having is being a part of a new group trying to acquire a team, and I would guess that he's subject to different approval/scrutiny than he would be if an existing owner just wanted to bring him in.

I'm not basing that on any detailed understanding of the situation, though, just speculating.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread