View Poll Results: Which of these BEST describes how do you feel about Stuckey heading into this season?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm sold, he should be our long term PG

6 28.57%
  • I'm getting concerned, he hasn't shown the progress that was expected

11 52.38%
  • I've given up hope that he'll be our long term solution at PG

4 19.05%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 50
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Rodney Stuckey re-assessment

Blog Entries
    Y'all act like it's just me, but I got news for ya, it ain't.
    Find a new slant.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Dude, it is what it is. I respect the way you feel, and I feel the same way myself, but I also know that nothing is going to change about the situation for a few years.

I don't know what bothers you so much about this. This team wasn't making another ECF with or without Chauncey. It's over. Pistons are a crucible now for a few years. Best we can hope for is some flashes of promise from young players, and maybe one day a coach who can put it all to work for the W.

Stuck is not the answer at PG. I get it. Bynum isn't the answer either because you can't invest that much playing time in a guy you can't hold on to. It turns out that this is a team that isn't in need of an "answer" at all. It's not like there was deep greatness at every position and the only piece missing was a solid PG. Someone's got to play the spot, and the money has been invested. You might as well question whether or not we really needed another winter after last year - it would be every bit as effective and worthwhile.

Stuckey's going to surprise people and make many eat their words, IMO. Not talking about Glan, but rather the columnists and announcers who have said he doesn't have what it takes.

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES

Blog Entries
    Swam, I'll address some of that tomorrow, but I was kind of hoping that we could actually discuss Stuckey without this being another "Glan" thread. So I'd like to not steer this too far off track.
    Find a new slant.

Stuck will be fine... he's a cool cat ... still ahead of Chauncey's pace... for the first year this is his team... no worries.

I have stated before that I give every rookie 3 seasons to show and prove.

So far Stuckey has shown flashes of talent.

Is he the PG for the long-term? Who knows?

What we do know is he's got some skills and some potential. I'm very interested to see how he goes this season.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    Thank Christ, he's back.

So you have to wait 3 years to even get concerned?
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Roger (Oakland Twp., Mich.): I’m no longer convinced Stuckey should start over Will Bynum. It looks like Bynum is superior in quickness, getting to the hoop, passing, ballhandling and every trait that is a supposed strength for Stuckey. What are the chances Bynum ends up starting?

Langlois: I don’t see it, Roger. Bynum is ideally suited to coming off the bench. Do I think he’s talented enough to start in the NBA? Sure. Do I think your team is better if you can bring a guy with his punch off the bench? Absolutely. Stuckey’s had two shooting clunkers in his first four games, but I don’t think it’s cause for alarm just yet. He’s also been really good in the other two games and Kuester has said that even on the nights he hasn’t shot well, he’s liked the other aspects of his game. There’s a dynamic element to Bynum’s game – the ability to squeeze through tiny cracks and to finish in traffic – and it’s pretty obvious he’s going to be a regular part of the mix this year. But the Pistons will be a better team if Stuckey plays at the level he was consistently hitting in December and January of last season - and there’s no reason to think, at 23, that he’s reached a career plateau – to allow them to keep bringing Bynum off the bench for intense bursts.
    Find a new slant.

wasuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup p
    Players meeting my ASS!

Also, I'd like to get this thread back on topic...meaning Glan and his hatred of Stuckey.
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread