View Poll Results: Which of these BEST describes how do you feel about Stuckey heading into this season?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm sold, he should be our long term PG

6 28.57%
  • I'm getting concerned, he hasn't shown the progress that was expected

11 52.38%
  • I've given up hope that he'll be our long term solution at PG

4 19.05%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 50
FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Rodney Stuckey re-assessment

Ast per 36
    Stuckey 5.5 (and he isn't a point guard, remember?)
    Murray 2.9

TO per 36
    Stuckey 2.5 (While playing PG, exclusively)
    Murray 2.3 (As a SCORER off the bench)

Flip has better handle, court awareness/vision
    Career Stats
    FG%
    Stuckey .423
    Murray .418
    if he made less (than he soon will) and he played less
    Flip was making peanuts here as a hired gun and got scrutinized to no end.
    Really? With you on the board you found Flip was criticized more?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but again Stuckey is making the same as Murray did, and less than what Murray is making now.

I've said time and time again that I don't really think all that highly of Murray
    Good. On the other hand, how many here is making Stuckey the anointed one, the golden boy? Are you worried that if he plays like crap or to the level of Flip Murray, he'll get a max deal?

I didn't bring up Flip Murray to compare their production, but their style of play. There's got to be different standards wrt expectations on their productions, that I agree. Stuckey may or may not fulfil these expectations, and Flip is what he is.

But different standards wrt what you enjoy is something I don't quite get. What you listed you don't enjoy about Stuckey, how many of them are less true of Murray? You like what Flip does for 24 min a game, and you don't like it when he does it for 31 min? Or you like that too but you just don't like Stuckey doing it for 31? Because he makes - scratch that - might some day make, more money?

Gla doesn't think much of Murray, he just never stops bringing him up or defending him whenever he thinks Murray's honor is being besmirched.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    The Murray thing is a gag, if you haven't figured that out by now, then I don't know what to tell you. I like to have fun with it from time to time, but every once in a while it would be nice to have some legitimate discussion about Stuckey, which is what I thought we were doing here. I'm okay with keeping it going if that is what you guys want.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Another thing that is concerning about the Stuckey situation is the common perception (led by Langlois) that his struggles last year were due to all of the chaos with Curry, AI, etc. Well, those obstacles are not there this year, and he might even look worse this year. And yes, there are new ready-made excuses, with varying degrees of validity, in play (injuries, new coach, etc) but at what point does stuckey need to wear the hat of responsibilty?

I know that some of you will twist this, but I'll try to be clear here, yes, he is by far better off than Darko was when he was here, but if you tell me that at least some of this doesn't feel familiar, then I will question your honesty.
    Find a new slant.

OK, GD - I just wanna get a clear answer here:

Was any of your hate for Stuckey born out of the organisation pimping him as the "sacred cow"?

Do you hate him because they are making him play PG?
    Do you hate him because they are starting him over Bynum?
    Do you hate him because they are generally doing everything they can to push him as the "future of the franchise"?

Cause if you hate him for any of that you might wanna remember that the kid has no control over it. He's here to play and is doing the best he can.

You know I don't think he's a PG. Why would I hate him because the organisation is trying to make him one? It's not the kid's fault.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    The list of things that I posted earlier today in this thread are the main reasons I don't care for his game. The things that you just posted are merely secondary annoyances.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    I'm also hoping that Joe doesn't do something stupid like give him a big extension before he has to.
    Find a new slant.

Flip gets paid less on the min. deal, the league picks a piece of it up.

And the issue isn't the pay, it's the assets sunk into him. Vet's min guys are supposed to sit on their asses until the 46th minute of blowouts. 15th overall picks from supposedly strong drafts should be able to handle a starting role.

Blog Entries
    You put that better than I did, thanks.

Since he doesn't have the sullied rep that I do around here, and he's widely accepted as a very good poster, it would be nice if someone other than Kstat would comment on yargs' post, too.
    Find a new slant.

I don't think he's gonna get a massive extension - not unless he really steps it up between now and when it's due.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

+ Reply to Thread