View Poll Results: Which of these BEST describes how do you feel about Stuckey heading into this season?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm sold, he should be our long term PG

6 28.57%
  • I'm getting concerned, he hasn't shown the progress that was expected

11 52.38%
  • I've given up hope that he'll be our long term solution at PG

4 19.05%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 50
FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Rodney Stuckey re-assessment

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    I really don't want to start a huge argument, but how is Will Bynum that much better than Stuckey in your opinion? How does he get that much love from you, and yet you want to murder Stuckey's family and have Darko fuck his daughter?
    I just don’t enjoy watching him play basketball. It’s too frustrating.

Poor court vision
    Poor shooting
    Poor shot selection
    Can’t finish at the rim
    Doesn’t look to involve teammates/tunnel vision/ballhogging
    Poor passing skills
    Poor handle
    Lacks finesse in his movements (he’s like a bull in a china shop)
    Low bball IQ
    etc.

I don't see a problem with any of those things with Bynum.
    Last edited by Glenn; 11-19-2009 at 10:19 AM.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glan

Poor court vision
    Poor shooting
    Poor shot selection
    Can’t finish at the rim
    Poor passing skills
    Poor handle
    Low bball IQ
    etc.

You forgot to add that he's stupid to your list. He just doesn't get how to play basketball and that sometimes it's better just to rotate the ball in hopes of putting you(and others) in a better opportunity to score later in the possession. Stuckey's an idiot.

I guess that's what you get when you annoint someone as a future leader when they weren't even good enough to lead their college team to anything but a .500 record in both of his collegiate seasons. Stuckey sucks.

I thought I'd never have to sit through another stackhouse-like experience of being forced to watch someone play big minutes and ruin a basketball team but I guess history has a way of repeating itself.

ok Glan. And mrs. Glan.

Flip Murray.

Poor court vision
    Poor shooting
    Poor shot selection
    Can’t finish at the rim
    Poor passing skills
    Poor handle
    Low bball IQ
    etc.

Blog Entries
    Flip has better handle, court awareness/vision, body control and he finishes strong.

But there are more similarities between the two of them than differences, that's for sure.

For a true apples/apples comparison, if we can re-sign Stuckey to a vet's minimum contract and cut his minutes way back, then you'll rarely ever hear me complain about him again.
    Last edited by Glenn; 11-19-2009 at 02:53 PM.
    Find a new slant.

Flip has better handle, court awareness/vision, body control and he finishes strong.
    which still resulted in lower fg% and assists, and higher turnovers?

For a true apples/apples comparison, if we can re-sign Stuckey to a vet's minimum contract and cut his minutes way back, then you'll rarely ever hear me complain about him again.
    You are saying you have a problem with his contract and/or minutes. That's what frustrates you to watch him play.

Blog Entries
    I'm saying that I expect and accept a lot of flaws in veteran's minimum players that move from team to team as snipers off the bench. There's a different standard for "the future of the franchise" players.
    Find a new slant.

I'm saying that I expect and accept a lot of flaws in veteran's minimum players that move from team to team as snipers off the bench. There's a different standard for "the future of the franchise" players.
    Wait, so if stukey makes less and plays less, you would actually ENJOY watching him play like you do flip? Wouldn't this be the year for you to do that, considering even Flip Murray is making more than Stuckey FWIW?

If his play doesn't warrant him a contract that "the future of the franchise" would get, he probably won't get it. Why does that bother anyone?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CindyKate
    which still resulted in lower fg% and assists, and higher turnovers?
    2008/09 Stats
    FG%
    Stuckey .439
    Murray .447

Ast per 36
    Stuckey 5.5 (While playing PG, exclusively)
    Murray 2.9 (As a SCORER off the bench)

TO per 36
    Stuckey 2.5
    Murray 2.3

Nevermind that they are playing totally different roles and that Murray makes a fraction of what Stuckey soon will.

The fact that you are making me pull stats to compare Stuckey to Murray says a lot about how far we've come in this discussion, I suppose. It's regrettable that this has to degrade into another Flip Murray vs. Stuckey debate and not what MoTown intended it to be, but you took it there, so be it.
    Last edited by Glenn; 11-19-2009 at 03:38 PM.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CindyKate
    Wait, so if stukey makes less and plays less, you would actually ENJOY watching him play like you do flip?
    No, if he made less (than he soon will) and he played less, then my expectations would be different so I wouldn't be as vocal about his shortcomings. Seeing him put on this plateau by the organization and fans is very troubling to me as A PISTONS FAN.

So here's the hypocrisy. Flip was making peanuts here as a hired gun and got scrutinized to no end. Stuckey was anoited as the sacred cow and is the golden boy. WTF is up with that?

I've said time and time again that I don't really think all that highly of Murray, he's certainly got his flaws, but he's got a role in today's NBA - and he is in the right role, whereas Stuckey is well, not. I just recognize that the dude got a raw deal from those here. And again, if Flip Murray is the standard that you are comparing Stuckey too, I wouldn't be too proud of that.
    Last edited by Glenn; 11-19-2009 at 03:39 PM.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread