View Poll Results: Which of these BEST describes how do you feel about Stuckey heading into this season?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm sold, he should be our long term PG

6 28.57%
  • I'm getting concerned, he hasn't shown the progress that was expected

11 52.38%
  • I've given up hope that he'll be our long term solution at PG

4 19.05%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rodney Stuckey re-assessment

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Glan
    I'm saying that I expect and accept a lot of flaws in veteran's minimum players that move from team to team as snipers off the bench. There's a different standard for "the future of the franchise" players.
    Wait, so if stukey makes less and plays less, you would actually ENJOY watching him play like you do flip? Wouldn't this be the year for you to do that, considering even Flip Murray is making more than Stuckey FWIW?

If his play doesn't warrant him a contract that "the future of the franchise" would get, he probably won't get it. Why does that bother anyone?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CindyKate
    Wait, so if stukey makes less and plays less, you would actually ENJOY watching him play like you do flip?
    No, if he made less (than he soon will) and he played less, then my expectations would be different so I wouldn't be as vocal about his shortcomings. Seeing him put on this plateau by the organization and fans is very troubling to me as A PISTONS FAN.

So here's the hypocrisy. Flip was making peanuts here as a hired gun and got scrutinized to no end. Stuckey was anoited as the sacred cow and is the golden boy. WTF is up with that?

I've said time and time again that I don't really think all that highly of Murray, he's certainly got his flaws, but he's got a role in today's NBA - and he is in the right role, whereas Stuckey is well, not. I just recognize that the dude got a raw deal from those here. And again, if Flip Murray is the standard that you are comparing Stuckey too, I wouldn't be too proud of that.
    Last edited by Glenn; 11-19-2009 at 03:39 PM.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread