View Poll Results: Which of these BEST describes how do you feel about Stuckey heading into this season?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm sold, he should be our long term PG

6 28.57%
  • I'm getting concerned, he hasn't shown the progress that was expected

11 52.38%
  • I've given up hope that he'll be our long term solution at PG

4 19.05%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 50
FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Rodney Stuckey re-assessment

Koolaid - I see where you are coming from but I think Hermy is suggesting that if you traded Stuckey back then his value was sky high and it would only look fishy if you were trying to trade him for shit.

If you offered him for someone else with a lot of value the other GM wouldn't think it was fishy - he'd think Stuckey was good and probably would get better.

BTW, the reason I mentioned Ridnour is partly due to his expiring contract and the fact Milwaukee has Jennings. At what point do they decide that an expiring contract worth $6.5 mil should be traded so they can get something of value?

Michael Redd has 2 years left on his deal and Hammond knows Stuckey so I guess we couldn't con him.

Maybe we could con Minny's GM? Whatshisname (Kahn?) I'll take the rights to Rubio and some bum for Stuckey.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

to me it just seems like shopping is enough to lower his value.

Think like it's a hooker. she looks good and you might think about trying to get some from her. Then she walks up to you and tells you the price before you can even ask. Now she looks dirty and you think she must have a dick, be setting you up to get robbed, give you a disease or some shit because there's no way that a chick that looks like that should be so unnoticed and unwanted enough to ask you for shit.

I don't think a stuckey trade scenerio back then is much different.
    k

Yeah Stuckey's a cheap tramp Ho... Money grubing Hoodrat

Quote Originally Posted by Koolaid
    to me it just seems like shopping is enough to lower his value.

Think like it's a hooker. she looks good and you might think about trying to get some from her. Then she walks up to you and tells you the price before you can even ask. Now she looks dirty and you think she must have a dick, be setting you up to get robbed, give you a disease or some shit because there's no way that a chick that looks like that should be so unnoticed and unwanted enough to ask you for shit.

I don't think a stuckey trade scenerio back then is much different.
    Best analogy ever

everything in this world can be broken down in terms of prostitution.

you didn't know that?

The Davidson family = pimps
    the detroit pistons = hoes
    Joe Dumars = the bottom bitch
    the fans = tricks, johns or whatever you call them.
    k

Soooo, if I follow this correctly, Rodney Stuckey is a trick ass hoe?

Hmm... interesting.

Blog Entries
    Starting Chucky Atkins allows Rodney Stuckey to attack offensively

BY VINCE ELLIS
    FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

Many Pistons fans got their wish when Rodney Stuckey played primarily at the two-guard spot in Sunday's mild upset of the Hawks.

Chucky Atkins got the start at the point and only played 19 minutes, but he did free up Stuckey, who responded with 23 points and tied a season-high with eight assists.

Will Bynum picked up the rest of the slack at the point with 19 points and four assists off the bench.

Stuckey admitted that playing off the ball does allow him to rest since he wasn’t the primary ball-handler.

Atkins said there is another benefit for Stuckey.

“By bringing him off the ball, he ain’t necessarily got to worry about getting everybody involved and doing the point guard duties,” the 10-year veteran said. “I ain’t the type of guy that’s going to break guys down. I’m going to make sure we get into our sets and we stay organized."

From my e-mails, many armchair analysts think Stuckey should play shooting guard full-time. I tend to disagree, but Sunday's game was definitely evidence in favor of the fans.

But Pistons coach John Kuester said Stuckey's days at the point are far from over so sorry to disappoint you all.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    I love how some have defended this Atkins starting thing, after the fact. If anyone here would have suggested that Q should start Atkins they would have been lol'd at, and deservedly so.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glan
    I love how some have defended this Atkins starting thing, after the fact. If anyone here would have suggested that Q should start Atkins they would have been lol'd at, and deservedly so.
    Got that right... our memories aren't too short to forget Chuckit... I think he went to the rack once with the old squad... that's only cause Eddie Curry was the defender.
    That said he plays a more intellegent game these days...
    His defense is bout as ugly as b4.

Atkins starting over Bynum would be similar to AC starting over Lawson (were Billups hurt). Both are stupid IMO. I like Bynum on the bench, but he's earned the fill in start when one is needed.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread