+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Wings Defense

The Wings Defense

Sucks.

This team just stares at the puck and gets killed by any team moving and looking for the open man. The number of goals from trailers and guys crashing our net is disgusting.

I got home in time to see them down 5-1. I saw replays of the goals and yes, the defense sucked. I don't think they showed all 5 goals, but all that I saw were terrible defensive plays that left the goalie hung out to dry.

Last year there was a lot of that too. Two D liners take one guy and the other is wide open. guys come down the middle to crash the net and no forwards go with them to help out on defense. It's horrible.

Yep. And last year you could see they thought it was a switch they could just turn off and on. Problem was that they were getting away with it and winning games. It did come back to bite them in ass in the Finals though.

It's almost painful to watch. That Stanley Cup team was one of the best defensive teams I've ever seen play. No one could touch a puck without a Red Wing in his face.

+ Reply to Thread