+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009/2010 Detroit Tigers Offseason

Judging by the Presser today, Polanco may not be brought back either. This team is in Deep trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I do so love a train wreck.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    People love train wrecks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck
    Judging by the Presser today, Polanco may not be brought back either. This team is in Deep trouble.
    that is why they need to offer him arbitration. they would sign him at 8-9M if it was guaranteed a 1 yr deal, but the Tigs can't compete with a team offering 3-4 yrs...

If you offer him arb. and he accepts---that's a win for the Tigs as you'll get him for 1 yr

Offer him arb and he declines (as a Type A FA) then that will scare away many teams (especially those who were amongst the top 15 in wins this yr since they will forefit their 1st rd draft pick).

Last year Orlando Hudson declined arb, as a Type A, and went unsigned through late Feb before taking a measley 1 yr deal w/ the Dodgers---Orlando Cabrera went through the same when he signed w/ the A's...

It would be a shrewed move by Dombrowkski, but it's also the one that makes the most sense...

Blog Entries
    worse comes to worse- you offer him arb- he declines- you get two extra 1st rd picks next June

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Asking Inge to move to SS is crazy.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    With that payroll, they won't fix more than 1-2 spots. I think they'll try to get another OF and move Carlos to DH exclusively (with Rayburn backing up when Maggs DH's). I bet they keep Laird (I didn't see great alternatives out there BTW). I doubt they sign a 3B and move Inge to SS like I want, but they should. There are a lot better options out there for bats at 3B. If Everett stays as a backup that's fine.

If they could replace Thames and Everett in the lineup with two bigger bats (LF and 3B) it could make a huge difference.
    Is it out of the realm of possibilities for Illy to sign someone BIG in FA knowing HUGE money comes off the book after 2010?
    Players meeting my ASS!

I mean, we were fuggin close this year. He knows that. He does what it takes for the Wings. Why not for the Tigers?
    Players meeting my ASS!

i dont think we were that close (figuratively). this was a smoke and mirrors mediocre team. and if we lose rodney, lyon, and polanco, goodnight 2010. i think we go budget for atleast one year.

I'm not sure but I kind of feel like we underperformed for the talent we had. A lil bit underperformed anyway.
    Players meeting my ASS!

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    With Granderson, Cabrera, Verlander, Jackson and Porcello, we have an elite core that most teams would dream for. We just need to spend the money around them a little better.

(Captain Obvious out...)

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    VanSlyke is out (pursuing "other opportunities").
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread