+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009/2010 Detroit Tigers Offseason

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Hopefully the low offer is just part of a grander negotiation on an extension.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny
    Hopefully the low offer is just part of a grander negotiation on an extension.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Blog Entries
    Detroit Tigers to offer all-you-can-eat seating at Comerica Park: http://bit.ly/dx8K3P
    lol
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    They've been doing that at US Cellular for a few years now, It's kind of a sweet deal there. They're called "scout seats" and they're like the best seats in the house and come with all you can eat gourmet food and I think beer too. Like 250 a pop though.

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glan
    No way Tigers win vs. Verlander. They'll either have to settle or lose.
    http://www.freep.com/article/2010012...medium=twitter
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    I don't want this to happen by any means, but the way they've agressively targeted young starting pitching, it's very easy to see the Tigers trading JV for prospects in about a year.

GO WHITE!

In a non capped sport, I don't see why you wouldn't pay JV. Maggs will be off the books soon, we already let Polanco, Pudge and others get their paydays elsewhere. I assume Nate's salary will be gone soon too. They really only have a few players that are way overpaid now. If they let JV go they better pray they have a few young pitchers that are ready or they risk losing a lot of fans (after dealing Curtis and letting Polanco walk).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    The payroll may not be officially "capped" but it is still "capped" by team revenues and how much of a loss Ilitch is willing to take. As great and generous of an owner as he's been, his resources aren't unlimited.

GO WHITE!

Of course, but how do you know how much ticket revenue you lose with 2 of the 3 biggest stars on the team gone?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

The Detroit Tigers and ace Justin Verlander(notes) have discussed a five-year contract extension worth around $75 million, though the right-hander is staying firm in his desire for a sixth year, sources told Yahoo! Sports on Friday.
    More From Jeff Passan

Verlander, who will turn 27 near the beginning of spring training, finished third in the American League Cy Young voting last season after going 19-9 and leading the league with 240 innings and 269 strikeouts. He is currently scheduled to go to arbitration with the Tigers, asking for a $9.5 million salary in 2010 with Detroit’s counteroffer at $6.9 million. He also will be arbitration-eligible a year from now and could become a free agent after the 2011 season.
    The proposed extension, first reported by Yahoo! Sports, would mirror the five-year, $78 million deal Seattle gave to Felix Hernandez(notes) this month. The Tigers, as Seattle did, would buy out three free-agent years with a five-year deal.
    Verlander would prefer the security of a sixth season, which would take the value of the deal in to the $93 million to $95 million range. The Tigers certainly will have the financial flexibility to make it happen. Following 2010, starting pitchers Jeremy Bonderman(notes) ($12.5 million), Dontrelle Willis(notes) ($12 million) and Nate Robertson(notes) ($10 million) will be free agents. Should outfielder Magglio Ordonez(notes) not trigger an at-bat-based option, his $18 million would come off the books as well.
    The anchor of a strong young rotation featuring Rick Porcello(notes) and Max Scherzer(notes), Verlander recaptured his top-of-the-line-starter status last year after a down 2008. His fastball, which had crackled at 100 mph when in 2006 he won Rookie of the Year, regained velocity, and his command sharpened.
    Verlander has expressed his desire to stay with Detroit – “I want to be here for a long time,” he told reporters this week – and the Tigers have reciprocated the feelings.
    “We’ve said all along,” Tigers GM Dave Dombrowski said recently, “that we’re hopeful to keep Justin Verlander part of our organization for a long time.”
    A sixth season would ensure that happens.

GO WHITE!

+ Reply to Thread