+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: OGT: Blues vs. Red Wings

Three Red Wings in front of our net just watching the puck. That's bad.

Blog Entries
    1-1, THEY ARE GOING TO GET FUCKED UP!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitexport
    Three Red Wings in front of our net just watching the puck. That's bad.
    One day I am going to have you teach me hockey.

Great move by Draper getting to the net like that. He doesn't have much speed anymore but that was textbook puck protection.

Nice SH goal! Here's the breakdown LDB, if you are going to beat the pointman to the puck like Maltby, flip it off the boards and do NOT stop skating. There's no way he's ever going to be able to turn around and catch you. It's especially dangerous on the kill because the other team is usually in deep for the power play.

Note: And if you're the D-man there. If you can't reach the puck you HAVE to take the man.
    Last edited by DE; 10-02-2009 at 03:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    Nice SH goal! Here's the breakdown LDB, if you are going to beat the pointman to the puck like Maltby, flip it off the boards and do NOT stop skating. There's no way he's ever going to be able to turn around and catch you. It's especially dangerous on the kill because the other team is usually in deep for the power play.

Note: And if you're the D-man there. If you can't reach the puck you HAVE to take the man.
    Wow, thanks!

That was a pretty bad 5-3 there. I don't think we even got a really good scoring chance out of it.

Blog Entries
    I'm going to be heading out, but keep the analysis coming.

That was a pretty bad 5-3 there. I don't think we even got a really good scoring chance out of it.
    Part of it has to be new faces. Williams replaced Sammy on the blue line. Hossa and Hudler are gone too. So 3 of our 10 power play guys are gone. It's not like the guys out there replacing them are duds (Williams and Bertuzzi have been in that role before), but they don't have the same chemistry. I saw several times that the D men were on the same side of the ice confused. It will get better.

+ Reply to Thread