+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: OGT: Lions vs Skins

OGT: Lions vs Skins

Blacked out folks:

DETROIT -- The Detroit Lions failed to sell all their tickets for Sunday's game against the Washington Redskins, meaning there will be a TV blackout in some local markets.
    Team spokesman Bill Keenist said Thursday the game will be blacked out in the Detroit, Lansing, Saginaw-Flint and Toledo, Ohio, markets.
    More than 10,000-plus tickets were available on Wednesday.
    Last week, the Lions were able to sell 1,700 tickets for the home game against Minnesota. No such luck this time.
    The Lions have lost 19 games in a row, matching the second-longest skid in NFL history.

Blog Entries
    I like the message that this sends.

Ford Field seats about 25K fewer than the Silverdome did, right?
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, I thought it was like 80K vs. 55K
    Find a new slant.

Seats 65,000.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Field

so 1/6th of the tickets were not sold yet? lol. This is actually one of their better chances at a win early on.

Blog Entries
    So now the Steelers and possibly Thanksgiving are the only other home games we might get to see on tv.

BTW, interesting tidbit I didn't know from Wiki:

Ford Field is one of the few venues in the NFL that has end zones in the east and the west (the others being LandShark Stadium, the Georgia Dome and Cleveland Browns Stadium). The NFL has a rule against this type of construction, due to the sunlight which can be a major distraction to the players on the field. The NFL had to give permission for the east/west end-zone construction, because the Hudson's warehouse would have had to been altered otherwise. The natural light is not a distraction to the players in a day game, because the light only reaches as far as the sidelines, leaving the field still properly lit with the combination of artificial stadium lighting and sunlight.

Blog Entries
    Wait until you see how many Steelers fans will be there. I know of a few that already have tix. It really could be nearly 50/50.
    Find a new slant.

I was at the coin flip game, that was 1/2 steeler fans. It will be way more.

Blog Entries
    What do you think about dis game, Tahoe?

+ Reply to Thread